Very nice floorplan moonos, Edit: l mean gumboots

Only things l would consider changing are:

- Garage door to access home in entry
- Door to ensuite
- Door to Kitchen (so people can't see right through to your living area & to
help with heating/cooling zoning)
- Bench/Cupboards to Laundry
- Make the Garage wider

What's the thing in the entry along the WIR/pantry wall?

Where is the deleting the walls to the loungeroom? there's no lounge
EDIT...ok so l just realised that this was your floorplan and you were quoting moonos
...so ignore the loungeroom wall question, lol.

Oh! and do you think 3 cupboards will give you enough storage?

Other than that, l really like this floorplan..looking forward to following your progress. Edit - both of you's

Moonos - Is the 29 the same but just got a lounge added yeah?

We got internal access door, stone benchtops, increased roof height, extended bench to laundry and proper cupboards etc etc in the promotion so that was no problems. Can't make the garage wider because our block isn't wide enough to let us make a big enough change for it to be worth it.

We added overhead cupboards to kitchen and a benchtop to the pantry rather than just shelves, internal cavity sliding door to rumpus, external aluminium, slider to rumpus and dining, doubled the powerpoints and added a few extra batten holders/external sensor lights/junction boxes, added 600mm to back of house, 2 sets of pot drawers in the kitchen, cat 2 tiles throughout and cat 3 to wet areas, render to front projection, cat 5 roof tiles (estate covenants) plus minor things like increased door heights etc and had plenty left from $220k. Fencing and front landscaping is done by the developers and driveway will be done after.

The 29 is exactly the same but just larger in proportions. The plan I put up was with our wall movements and deletions around the lounge/family area as we didn't want the lounge and wanted a larger alfresco.

The thing in the entry is just a little set back from the doorway. They have a bookcase there in the display I think but it doesn't stick out like it does on the plan, there aren't any shelves there or anything.

This is the original plan:

Thanks gumboots for clearing up my confusion with the floorplan...

I can see why you wanted to make the alfresco bigger, man the original one is pitiful!!

Pity you didn't have the block width to extend the garage. It seems that a great majority of blocks in Melbourne aren't very wide. Is that the case?

So what stage are you at with building? Have you got a blog or thread? I really like this floorplan (l think because it is a bit similar to my own
) so it's one that l want to follow the progress of
thorney
Thanks gumboots for clearing up my confusion with the floorplan...

I can see why you wanted to make the alfresco bigger, man the original one is pitiful!!

Pity you didn't have the block width to extend the garage. It seems that a great majority of blocks in Melbourne aren't very wide. Is that the case?

So what stage are you at with building? Have you got a blog or thread? I really like this floorplan (l think because it is a bit similar to my own
) so it's one that l want to follow the progress of

We are still waiting for our land, but hope to start building in or before August. We might consider a blog then, but at the moment nothing is happening!

Our block is 16m frontage, I think that is about average, smaller is common but I think in metro estates wider is not so common.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum