Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Everyone building a G.J. Gardner home...

Page 1 of 2
Hi everyone on H1,

Would love to hear from all others that are
building with G.J. Gardner homes.

We have just signed up with them and paid
our $3000 deposit and signed the authority
to proceed documents.

Will get contracts and color selection
appointment all within the next 4 weeks.

It's all very exciting!

Anyone else here building with them???

Cheers PFM
Hi PFM,

Congratulations on choosing your builder

We have just finished building with GJ and hand over should be within next two weeks. We had our own plan and their process suited us that's why we chose them.

If i had any suggestions it would be to be super organised for your colour selection. The appointment is only 3 hours long and you need to try to choose EVERYTHING and I mean everything, taps. door handles, carpets etc, etc.
If your getting a credit on something and buying it yourself (eg. tiles) they like you to have chosen them very early on. It was daunting to try to choose everything and at that stage you can only imagine how its going to look.

Do all your variations before contract signing as it can slow up the building process if you change something once they have started the build.
Lastly but most importantly make sure they invite you to all the site meetings,they missed two of ours.
Having said all of that we are wrapped with the finished product and the way we were involved throughout the whole build.

pink fairy magic you changed builders!
i looked at GJ but they were a little out of my price range, but there standard inclusions are really good, which design have you chosen? and what happened to NBG?
(sorry i'm nosy... he he)
Congrats pfm on deciding on who is going to build your home....hope it's all smooth sailing for you now

GJG are fairly new here in our area, have checked out a couple of their displays which were nice.

Would love to see your floorplan
YaY!!! Do you feel good having made the first step?
buildingwithcoral: Yes we most certainly
did change our minds, NBG have been so
so so slack, we have gotton 6 free quotes
from other builders inbetween the 6 weeks
it's taken for NBG to prepare our quote
which we paid $1000 for...
And we still
haven't got it! Arrrggghhhh
We don't care if they end up being $50k cheaper
it's just not worth the hassle.

There are two homes being built here with NBG
that have taken forevvvver!

Sheandhe+3: It sounds like your build with GJG
has been quiet good, we are hoping for smooth
sailing also, which I am quielty confident about,
they seem highly professional etc etc.

Lisanne: Yes, very excited about taking the first
steps, it's also nerve wracking and I also have nothing
to do now LOL Although I will be taking the advice
given and trying to pick all my colors etc etc beforehand,
we have some sort of an idea what we want but
3hrs isn't long to get it all together so I will do as much
homework as possible.

Thorney: Will post floorplan etc etc on my blog some
time today, hopefully! I'm hoping to get some free
time today to update the blog.

Chat soon.

Cheers PFM
congrats pfm, so good that you were proactive and hopefully you can look forward to a fast build and a beautiful end product!!!
keep us updated!
She&He+3+3
Hi PFM,

Congratulations on choosing your builder

We have just finished building with GJ and hand over should be within next two weeks. We had our own plan and their process suited us that's why we chose them.

If i had any suggestions it would be to be super organised for your colour selection. The appointment is only 3 hours long and you need to try to choose EVERYTHING and I mean everything, taps. door handles, carpets etc, etc.
If your getting a credit on something and buying it yourself (eg. tiles) they like you to have chosen them very early on. It was daunting to try to choose everything and at that stage you can only imagine how its going to look.

Do all your variations before contract signing as it can slow up the building process if you change something once they have started the build.
Lastly but most importantly make sure they invite you to all the site meetings,they missed two of ours.
Having said all of that we are wrapped with the finished product and the way we were involved throughout the whole build.

Hi Dee,

What has your experience been with GJG? We have a block of land in Mernda and we've been looking for builders for quite a while now! You mentioned that they custom build - if you don't mind me asking, what's the starting price per square for a custom build? The pics of your new house look great. I hope you, hubby and the "cherubs" are enjoying your new home.

Janet
We will be building with G.J. Gardner Homes from South Nowra.

We are going through the process of getting our plans drawn up for council submission.

Dean has been excellent to work with. He is willing to listen to what we want and has no difficulty in accommodating our ideas and requests.

We have made very substantial changes to the base design and never was there anything other than 'we can do that'. Not only did they do that but he also made some excellent suggestions.

From what we have seen they build with good frames and products. We liked the fact that the standard frame had notched floor and ceiling joists for the studs and the noggins for the most part were 99% snug fitting.

Another plus for the fact that Dean showed us several in progress homes so that we could see what the real end product was like.

Dean has been in regular contact and delivered both the pricing and the draft plans in very quick time.

So far the experience has been great and a very smooth one which has instilled confidence.

Onwards and upwards!!
TeddyBar: We are at similar stages, although you
are a little bit in front, will be interesting to follow
your journey along with myn.
We have also experience FANTASTIC customer
service thus far with GJG, NO complaints on GREAT
customer service thats for sure!

I am more than happy with them so far!
I'm building with GJ Gardner too. We are building our own plan, have signed contracts, paid deposits, done colour selections and are now waiting for council approval to proceed.
Oh how us fairys have got such similar taste.

WOW we will be nice and close then won't we,
will be great to watch each other's journeys.

YAY
pinkfairymagic
Oh how us fairys have got such similar taste.

WOW we will be nice and close then won't we,
will be great to watch each other's journeys.

YAY

I just wish the journey would start already!! I'm not very patient! Once something happens I will start a building thread, still haven't decided if I will do a blog.
Yes, I know impaitient I look at it every day in the
mirror...PMSL Can't rush these things I guess.

Silly me already started a blog, moreso I can look
back and know what happened when etc etc.

Race is on then, wonder who will start first...LOL
pinkfairymagic
Race is on then, wonder who will start first...LOL

Just received an email letting us know we have permission to build on land subject to flooding (the fun part of living on the Murray River!) and that our building permit will be ready next week. Yay
Oh bugger you are well in front of me then,
we are only going to sign contracts next week.

Bugger...

Quote:
the fun part of living on the Murray River!

OMG so this is what I am in for then?
How close are you to the river from where you will
be building?

We are about 2kms away so hoping this won't affect us.
pinkfairymagic
Oh bugger you are well in front of me then,
we are only going to sign contracts next week.

Bugger...

Quote:
the fun part of living on the Murray River!

OMG so this is what I am in for then?
How close are you to the river from where you will
be building?

We are about 2kms away so hoping this won't affect us.

We are about 1 km from the actual river but at the back of the estate where we are building is a creek that empties into the river. It is about 500m away and this is what gives it a 'land liable to flooding' rating (alot of echuca has this rating!) The block has been built up and we are not at a huge flood risk but this has held up our permit. Gardners put the plans into council in January!
Quote:
Gardners put the plans into council in January

OMG! We have been told that part of the
process with our council should take
2 weeks MAX!

Here's hoping!
pinkfairymagic
Quote:

2 weeks MAX!

Here's hoping!

We were told 4 to 6 weeks, I suppose each council is different, if you don't mind me asking, where are you located?
fairy blue
pinkfairymagic
Quote:

2 weeks MAX!

Here's hoping!

We were told 4 to 6 weeks, I suppose each council is different, if you don't mind me asking, where are you located?

Sunraysia Area
Related
11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum