Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

How many post contract variations???

Page 1 of 1
Hi to All,

I am very curious to find out from fellow home builders as to how many post variations plans did it take before your builder got it correct?

I have just reviewed my fourth set of PCV's and have found items that are still incorrect, nothing major just like positioning of light switches and DPP that were not requested etc.... Each time it has taken approx 1 month to get the updated plans to only find out that there are still incorrect.

Thanks and fingers crossed that the 5th set shall be right
Hi Tillie

Look I found they would forget a thing or two... I had to keep all records of conversations, letters, emails etc... In fact, often these records I kept drew my attention to something I would have otherwise forgot. But it never took as long as yours have taken, and I have not found them to change things that weren't meant to be changed in the first place - and you know what I'm talking about....

Keep a close eye on that lot, shifty is not the word!

Annie
Thanks Annie, it is sooo frustrating
I keep all emails to and from them as well as the ones I send and keep track of phone calls etc... Feel like I am a "stalker" of some sorts

Remember about the timber french door??? Well they charged me $1285 for it then finally came through with providing it for free as the company stated initially, yet have only given me a credit for $800
, can you believe it??? That's just one of the few things I still am trying to sort out...

Hope that number 5 shall be it
Wow, all those stuff-ups would do absolutely do my head in.....even more so is the time it takes to get them to fix it!.....not acceptable at all.

We have had many variations to our plan over the last 4 months or so.....but we have not signed contracts yet. Our builder operates by sorting everything out and getting it exactly right, before the final contract is drawn and issued for signing. Our SC said that they rather take the time and re-do the inclusions/upgrades and changes as many times as necessary, rather than muck around with heaps of PCV's.

We are just about at that stage of getting the final building contract now. I got my plans and specs today...just need to advise her of one minor correction (a variation that l forgot to check
) in the last updated floorplan and a couple of items that need clarifying.

I hope that PCV's number 5 is the last for you too...Good luck!
Well recieved the 5th PCV and surprise, surprise it is incorrect yet again, only two items but still am unable to sign off on them, which in turn has delayed commencement AGAIN.......

Tillie, let me talk to them!!!
Thanks Annie

I have an email that I have sent this evening and shall be paying them a visit on Friday as I am off from work

PS Much MORE assertive

Tillie
Good luck Tillie.

I feel your pain. I know just how frustrating it is, only it was our final drawings I couldn't sign off on as they were constantly wrong. I lost count the amount of times I turned up on Henley's doorstep with unsigned papers demanding they be fixed...
Oh yes I remember this stage - six weeks nearly everytime for a little change - usually because they forgot to put something on the drawings. Oh the rent I could have saved!!
9 PCV's overseen by 3 Customer Service Officers.
We also found ourselves project coordinating the responses from the Cl@r*nd*n subcontracted designers ( kitchen, stairs, aircon were the most disconnected).
Message is you have to take control of the schedule at that phase otherwise your requirements information is lost. At one stage we were sent PCV from someone else's place.
Sorry to hear that they stuffed up yet again Tillie......good luck for tomorrow....and go get 'em girl
Thanks for all the replies and wishes of luck

I can't believe 9 Gongbuilding
I am meeting with the Contract Administrator at 3pm this afternoon and have all my paperwork ready to go and am not going to leave until they are able to change it there and then.

I have also ask that the person who is responsible for the plans also attend the meeting. I was sitting having a coffee a couple of days ago and noticed that they had deleted my power point in the bathroom
, it was there in the first set of plans and then from the 2nd-4th no power point, it was accidently deleted. I ask how does this happen, when they have altered the plans three times?? I am no way a builder yet picked up on this... This was just a standard power point also, nothing fancy...

Also, the garage has been detached from the house since the first set of plans, on the latest set I have a downpipe to the front of my house on one side, as this was an oversight on their (AVJ) behalf... Awaiting a reply from the building comission people

I am ever so tired of driving over to head office, but if this is what it takes to FINALLY sign off on the plans than so be it.

Will be sure to update you all in a few hours fingers crossed
Related
23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

26/03/2024
Variations on Fixed Price Contract

Building A New House

So AFAIk the outcomes of the BAL ratings form part of a clause that allows them to pass these costs on to you. However the more relevant detail is how did it go from 19…

20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum