Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

A question about Retaining Walls...

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum but have been a 'guest' for some time - reading all your helpful advice - so thank you!

We are almost finished building. Our block has about 1m fall from left to right. As part of our contract, our builder included some retaining walls down the front left and back right boundaries of our block (I hope this makes sense).

However, these walls do not extend down the whole length of both sides of the block (ie no retaining walls on back left or front right sides). So we are concerned about where our fence is going to go. Obviously we want the fence built on top of the retaining walls to give us some privacy (our left neighbour's house is built on much higher ground due to the slope and would be able to see over the fence if we built it straight onto the existing soil level).

So it seems we will need to get extra retaining walls built and hopefully share the costs with our neighbours. Does anyone know how much retaining walls cost per metre and who builds them (ie fencing companies, landscapers?)

Or is there an alternative way to get our (Colorbond) fencing installed whilst still being at a reasonable height to maintain privacy?

Would love to hear from anyone who has built on a slope and what you did.

Many thanks

Danielle
Related
22/05/2023
Urgent!!! Bathroom walls

General Discussion

Render your bathroom walls, two opinions versus the one, makes you wonder.

30/05/2023
Rendered cladding walls cracks

General Discussion

The spacing of the studs looks pretty large especially for a load bearing wall.

23/03/2024
Strange noise in the walls

General Discussion

Nope, only on the inside, I've literally has my ears to the brick outside and can't hear anything. I can sort of 'reset' the noise by pressing firmly on the studs. This…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum