Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Delay again and again - Featherbrook Point Cook

Page 1 of 2
Just got the news from Featherbrook (Central Equity) - our land delayed again for title. We supposed to get our land in Nov 2008 according to the sales person. Then postponed to Jan 09, again to March 09 and now to June 2009. We are so unhappy with it.

Anyone feel the same with us?
The homestead release at Riverdale in Mernda, where my Dad is building, is a bit similar - they were meant to be settled in December, then Feb and now April.

I bought at the end of April/ start of May 2007 for a November settlement.
Finally settled on august 12th 2008.
Same situation here

I bought in May 2008, settlement scheduled for September 2008.

and then December 2008, and then February 2009 and then April 2009.

Still waiting noww....
Mic Tan
:evil: Just got the news from Featherbrook (Central Equity) - our land delayed again for title. We supposed to get our land in Nov 2008 according to the sales person. Then postponed to Jan 09, again to March 09 and now to June 2009. We are so unhappy with it.

Which stage is your land in?
Mic Tan
:evil: Just got the news from Featherbrook (Central Equity) - our land delayed again for title. We supposed to get our land in Nov 2008 according to the sales person. Then postponed to Jan 09, again to March 09 and now to June 2009. We are so unhappy with it.

Hi we also purchased a land in Featherbrook and we are in stage 13. Do you mind if you can let me know which stage are you in? stage 13 is supposed to be titled in around july 2009.

As we are first home buyers and to qualify for the $26k first home buyer grant, our house needs to be built within 26 weeks after we sign the builder contract (in May 2009). Does anyone know if our land is late and won't be titled until end of the year, does it mean that we are not qualified for the $26k??
Friends of mine have put a deposit on a new subdivision (land) in Epping (Brush Road area) and they were told settlement would be about Nov 08, and that they could probably start building Jan 09. They still don't have roads! They are not happy at all, and they are about to look around at other options.
HI, we are in stage 10. We bought the land in Jan 2008. Featherbrook told us once the main road (Boardwalk boulevard) and the wetland completed in construction. The land in for eg, stage 6 till stage 13 (the other side) will be ready soon.
FND
Same situation here

I bought in May 2008, settlement scheduled for September 2008.

and then December 2008, and then February 2009 and then April 2009.

Still waiting noww....

Watch out - we have been told stage one has been delayed again...
Anyone knows - Why the land developer needs a few months for sorting out the sewerage problem (reason given for this time delaying)? Can't they get the thing done quickly?
Mic Tan
Anyone knows - Why the land developer needs a few months for sorting out the sewerage problem (reason given for this time delaying)? Can't they get the thing done quickly?

Could be due to the amount of rock in the ground
kikin
As we are first home buyers and to qualify for the $26k first home buyer grant, our house needs to be built within 26 weeks after we sign the builder contract (in May 2009). Does anyone know if our land is late and won't be titled until end of the year, does it mean that we are not qualified for the $26k??

Hi Kikin,
I'm in a very similar situation as you. My land settlement date keeps getting pushed back, and I'm afraid to sign our building contract now just in case the settlement gets pushed back even more, and we need to build within 26 weeks. I gave the SRO a call, and they told me that if you dont build within the 26 weeks, you can apply for an extention. However, every case is looked at as a case by case scenario and you have to prove that the delays were not your fault and it was not foreseenable. I asked them whether i would still be eligible for the grant if the land settlement is delayed, and they couldnt guarantee that i would.
So the best thing is, push your building contract signing date as long as you can, better safe than sorry.
I think the estate will be in big trouble if they cant sell the land pre-July 1st, as allot of FHOG buyers will have to walk away (If the contract isn't signed for construction pre-July 1st, you cant get the FHOG).

Were looking to build at the moment and that will definably be the case, unless we get in before the FHOG runs out we will walk away.

So on that front, they have a huge need to get it completed before then and sold.
The delay could be anything. Our land is in stage 2 of a particular part of our estate. Stage 1 was delayed (and subsequently our stage) due to a drainage issue with Yarra Valley Water.

Not sure of the exact issue but there's slope, a golf course and a little creek so it was complex for some reason, but once it was sorted both stages became available quite quickly.

My point is, try to find out what the delay is. If it's just slow development, chances are all the stages will be slow. But if there is a specific issue, once that issue is sorted, the whole process can speed up for subsequent stages.

Do a bit of snooping.
Just wondering, has anyone bought the land in stage 10 of Featherbrook just like we did? If yes, what did the sales tell you about the land settlement date when you paid for your land deposit?
Same issue for me..I bought in stage11 which is supposed to be available in feb2009...Now it is postponed till august2009.
We bought a land in stage 3 of featherbrook estate, the settlement only delayed about 4 months. Expected in May 2008, but settled in Oct 2008. Not that bad!
Just bought a land today in featherbrook stage 10, was so suprise there was 1 still available. Apparently the previos buyer lost their job and cant pay it off. Paid my deposit today and told me i can start building in 45 days.
Got an email from Central Equity stating that civil works will be completed in September 2009.

What does that mean?

Does that mean settlement will be coming soon?

Mine is Stage 13.
we are also in stage 13. we were originally told land would settle in june/july but that was quickly ammended to July/August.

we recently got the letter about civil works being done in September as well. it also said to make sure our legal and finance matters were in order so we think that means it is genuinely getting closer.

we've seen that the roads are almost completed near our street and the wetlands are being shaped.

I think it's likely we'll get title in September/October.

fingers crossed!
Related
10/06/2023
Construction Delayed - Calculation of delay.

Building A New House

Hi, My home construction is complete, and the handover is scheduled next week. However the construction has been delayed and I have raised this to the builder. The…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

3/05/2023
No provision for a discharge point for the driveway

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi All, We have a fall from road to garage front. But we cannot put a drain/grate because no discharge point put by the builder. Now they complain not enough space for…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum