Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

A*J C@ventry 33 - Carpet laid updated pics 02/03

Page 4 of 38
What perfect timing Tillie. Now you can enjoy the easter break while your slab settles. Looks great.
Congratulations Tillie! The slab is one of the most exciting days. Great Easter pressie, you'll be on a high for the whole long weekend now!
Yay! for getting the slab just before Easter. Now it can sit and cure over the long weekend and hopefully your frame will start next week.
Time to crack open the champers
Hels
Yay! for getting the slab just before Easter. Now it can sit and cure over the long weekend and hopefully your frame will start next week.
Time to crack open the champers

Here Here!! Congratulations Tillie!!
Thanks to everyone
I am off to the block today to have a good sticky beak taking heaps and heaps of pics too etc.. for the future pergola, driveway area.
I cannot believe how BIG the slab is on my block
, in the pic it looks like I have nothing but concrete on the block

Abbey_aj: That's great to hear that they have finally given your parents a time and hope that they stick to it. A friend's partner has made up a heap of alcoholic ginger beer which he said we are to have for a slab party
but I am not too sure what it shall be like

Ryan Oliver and Mundie Mansion: Thanks, I plan to enjoy my week and a bit off, probably will do more stalking than usual after the Easter break as I have some leave from work

Hels and Thorney: Definately will be cracking a bottle of something this weekend

Donuts: I was totally speechless when I drove up yesterday and saw it all finished, almost needed to make sure that I was at the right block as I have been mowing this block for about 6-7 years now and to finally be in the process of building my home I was really moved

I too hope that the frame shall start next week and maybe some windows, but we shall see

Hope that everyone has a great Easter
Congratulations Tillie!!!!

The front tap is no longer lonely!
Too true Stormy!!!!!
Well the frame arrived earlier today and was in the area "cough, cough" and thought I would pop by and there was a truck delivering it YAY!!!!

What a great shot. Looks like you may have been sitting out the front waiting!!!

Don't worry we are serial stalkers also and never get bored of what we see
Too true Mundie Mansion

Here is another pic of the frame awaiting for someone to put it up

Congratulations on the frame delivery

Hope it's full steam ahead tomorrow putting it together!
Thanks Fairy blue, I also hope that they will get a start on it tomorrow...The builders have been quite prompt with their work so far and I do realise that things do slow down at some stage, but I want it to go full steam ahead for as long as possible
I have been framed!!! I have been waiting for some time to be able to say that and now I can, well to a degree as the roof is yet to be put on

This is the front of the house

This is where the future pergola will go, there are two sliding doors off this side of the house

Here is the garage

Wow, they have certainly got that up quickly. Roof won't be too far away now
Oh wow!!
Good to see things happening
Wow that was quick! Awesome! Thanks for the pics Tillie. Hope your trusses go up as quick as your frame!
Good luck!
Well the trusses have arrived this morning and hope that they go up tomorrow. I also met my SS whilst visiting the house and he seems very nice, we had a walk around and asked him a few questions

This is looking down the dead side where I have an easement

This is the distance with the garage to the left of the pic and the front of the house.
wow they are working really quickly

Only a day or so for frame and roof trusses already here. Thats great!!
Im sure your exctatic with the progress
Yes Mellybuilding very excited as ther have been some hiccups along they way with the builder, however I hope that they are in the past now...
Ryan Oliver: I feel like a resident stalker as I am always taking pics daily too
I might add as I do not live that far away from the house.
Lisanne: Thanks and look forward to the start of your build.
Hels: I am getting very excited that things are moving along so nicely now.
Blink...and you'll miss it!!

You'll be in before me, Tillie, I'll bet you my left kidney!!!
Stormy.... Somehow I doubt it
My brother who is renovating a house is awaiting a kitchen, tiling to the wet areas electricals and other bits and pieces to be finished and he has even said that I will be in before him

I just cannot believe how I feel seeing the frame up and having a walk through my house
It was really nice to have met the SS also
Related
30/10/2023
New Concrete Laid

Paving & Concreting

I had new concrete laid, extended the alfresco and had the sidewalks concreted too. I noticed the concreter didn't put the expansion foam anywhere, there are expansion…

17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

2/08/2023
Ramping Carpet Up To Bathroom Level

General Discussion

they can, it's a fairly standard solution when the slab isn't recessed. the falls need to be in the main floor, if it hasn't been done then you need to ask them to redo…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum