Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Chateau Lisa

Page 86 of 122
I just checked my colour selections and they have put the wrong door handles on all the internal doors, they are meant to be satin chrome and they are all shiny instead of matt... dunno if I should get it fixed or not.

Bleh
Take a couple of days to think it over Lisa. Its understandable that you're feeling very blah and unmotivated
I'm sorry about your friend, Lisa.
Glad the house stuff is all working out OK though.
I'd ask them to replace the handles.. otherwise the fingerprints and marks will annoy you! You can always have them replaced after handover so it won't hold you up if they have to order them. Try not to feel guilty if you need to take some time away from people.. people will understand.
Oh Lisa I'm sorry to hear about your friend

Gosh real life puts house stuff into perspective doesn't it?

Glad PCI went well. I have the shiny handles and love them, no problems with cleaning, but if it isn't what you want I'd get it changed
So sorry about your friend, Lisa. Such sad news.

It's good that you got the phone connected, and that all of the house issues will be fixed.
I'd get the handles changed too, just so you don't have regrets.
Hi LIsa,

I have followed your thread with much interest although have not posted until today.

I am so sorry about your family friend and my thoughts are with you at this time.

Your new home will be fantastic and I hope you can plant a tree/shrub at some time in memory of him, just a thought.

Harribeka
So sorry to hear about your friend, that is an awful tragedy

We have the satin handles because I didn't want to have marks on the shiny ones. Get them changed if that's what you prefer.
Thank you everyone
It's still quite a shock and naturally I'm getting teery but that's pretty normal really. I keep thinking about it and then get sad again
I just hope he wasn't in too much pain and very glad that the other driver was OK. It makes me want to tell my BIL to get rid of his truck, but that's not the answer or the right response. Harribeka a tree or plant is a great idea!

I called my CSA about the handles and she said she would get my SS to check it out. All my handles have a matt finish, even the handles on my bedroom suite which is why I went with the matt finish for the house so that they would match. It's not a big thing but yeah, I would like the right ones.

I feel so fortunate to have such a fantastic SS he has done such a wonderful job and he got to the site an hour before our meeting to go through everything and put red stickers all over the place.

Now, can someone deliver me some nachos or some kind of junk for dinner? I deliberately don't buy things so I wont eat them AND with moving in a week I am not shopping and I just want nachos or something to eat and can't drink due to a few drinkies... I don't even have take out menus' for local places that do deliver and I've lived here 3+ years
It might be time to crack open the 2 min noodles or some toast instead
Oohhh!! If someone brings you nachos could they whizz by my place with some as well? I'd like extra sour cream on top and spring onions as well...

Thanks
lisanne
Now, can someone deliver me some nachos or some kind of junk for dinner? I deliberately don't buy things so I wont eat them AND with moving in a week I am not shopping and I just want nachos or something to eat and can't drink due to a few drinkies... I don't even have take out menus' for local places that do deliver and I've lived here 3+ years
It might be time to crack open the 2 min noodles or some toast instead

Oooh I would!! .. but i don't think I'm close enough
Lisanne, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.
I can understand your feelings somewhat. My grandad very unexpectedly passed away the day my land settled, and one of my students passed away a few weeks ago. And I've just been to a funeral in Newcastle last week also. It's such sad news, but you realise that you need to make the best of your life while you have it. And that includes enjoying our houses. It will put a damper on things for awhile, but hopefully your house will put a little joy in your heart when you're ready, and having your mind busy with moving will help you to cope. For tonight though, nachos, tears and rest are probably a perfect start
Ohhh Lisanne, that is just horrible news, sending warm fuzzy hugs and positive thoughts your way,
Have a hot bath, a glass or two of wine and top the night off with some greeeeezy junk food followed by chocolate. I hope your smiling again soon.
P.S I also think planting a special rose, or tree in your friends memory, a beautiful idea.

Congrats on your PCI btw.
Sorry to hear about your fiend Lisa, my thoughts are with you, I also agree that planting a tree on his honour would be a great idea.

Glad to hear that the house stuff went well though, at least that's something you don't have to worry about.

I hope you managed to get some comforting food, a couple of drinks and that you have a nice rest, we'll be thinking of you!
Oh, lisanne, I'm so sorry to hear about your friendly friend.
The suggestions about planting a shrub/flowering plant in memory of your friend is brill idea...
Meanwhile, am glad that your PCI went OK.
Sorry to hear about your friend...

Glad to hear that your PCI went well
Fantastic news Lisa. Did you end up getting an independent inspector to have a look at the house ?
Thanks everyone, I'm at work today, the distraction helps. I'm trying to get excited about getting the keys to my house in only 6 sleeps but its a bit difficult knowing that the week I move into my house I may also be going to someones funeral

At least I have plenty of things to try to keep my mind occupied a bit - need to resume the packing again tonight!
eerrggghhh packing... gawd, just thought sends me into a zombie-like state LOL

But at least it should keep your mind occupied
Jodie80
eerrggghhh packing... gawd, just thought sends me into a zombie-like state LOL

I really dislike packing but I love the feeling I get after having completed what I set out to do. Tonight I think I'm going to start on the other side of my wardrobe, it shouldn't take very long thankfully and maybe do the laundry, again small. It's the worst part of moving I reckon!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum