Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

awaiting contracts

Page 1 of 1
We have recently signed with Statesman homes in SA (Hickinbotham or Construction Services) and just wondering how long it has taken for contracts to sent back to you after signing them.

Our consultant said it would take around 10 days and then during the week i spoke to him again and his response was 2 to 3 weeks after signing.

Also what has been the general time frame for doing the selections after the contracts have come back.

Cheers
Hi neighbour

We signed up with Statesman late sept/early october. I've kept everything they have sent me so I can tell you how long it took.
7th November contract documents sent
26th Nov master plans sent - I did not receive them at this stage though. I called just prior to Christmas because I received a letter from the council saying our plans had been submitted. So I called and they sent them out to me and the letter was dated 26/11
18 December Footing report sent
14/01 I received a letter dated 05/12 to tell me plans had been submitted to council (which I already knew from the council)
31/01 We had our colour selections - Could have had this appointment earlier but we needed to go on a Saturday due to work. If you need a Saturday I suggest you book now as they fill up quickly

It seems snails really do deliver the mail at Statesman homes
thanks neighbour!!

essentially after you signed with your consultant did you have anything left to do with them or is all through HO in adelaide.
We had to go see him just recently when we had to make a variation to the contract. We had to change our roof pitch to 25 degress instead of the standard 22.5 as per the encumbrance. Apart from that everything else has been through HO.

Have you visited the estate recently...... has anyone started building yet???
called in there the other day to see what is happening. I think they may be starting on the display homes soon.

Who was your consultant? Was it Philippe?
We went through Bill at the Northgate display..... it's closer to where we live at the moment.

We haven't been up in about a month but will probably go in the next few weeks to visit our dirt
When we purchased our land there was only dirt roads and kerbing in so we have seen it come a long way so far. Will be great to see what the park looks like when finished.

Have you had a meal at the Gungellan pub (i think thats how its spelt) The meals there are huge
and delicious
The other pub is better.

We have family in freeling so we know the town well and amy grew up there. All the roads are sealed, street lights are in, the park has lawn and mulch on it.

It looks pretty good at the moment.

We are planting a tree on the block when we settle (3rd mch) so we can atleast say we own a tree.

Will have to catch up one day, considering we are going to be neighbours.
Oh well we'll definetly have to try the other pub next time we are there.

Yea we will have to catch up.... Might even bump into you staring at your dirt or tree if you have one then LOL ..... Its a bit sad isn't it just staring at dirt

I probably should introduce us a bit more since we will be next door to each other. Shane and I recently got married November last year and currently have no children....... Probably have those in the next few years. This will be our first home together. We are currently living at my mums house while we wait for the house to be built so cannot wait to be handed the golden key
Related
31/05/2023
Works Contracts

Owner Builder Forum

MBA and HIA both have sub contract agreements, check them out

3/10/2023
Issues with building contracts

General Discussion

Industry type domestic contracts are prepared by industry bodies for the benefit of the builders. This means that if you are the owner watch out. One of the points is…

27/04/2024
Building contracts

Building A New House

Hello, I am currently working on a study in regards to building contracts in Australia. I would like to interview people with their building experience in Australia and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum