Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Developer approval

Page 1 of 1
We've just had our final drawings ordered and we were told we were responsible for sending our plans to the developers for approval ourselves, is this what is usually done? I initially thought that the builders would do all the paperwork including application for developer approval and council permits.

How long does it take on average to gain developer approval?
read your design guidelines it will usualy tell you in therehow much to allow, on , Most say 2 weeks.
I would have thought builder would handle this. As this approval is required before permits can be granted. I think he is just being lazy.
I have no idea what's the norm, but our builder handled all of that, we did nothing at all.

I think how long it takes for approval (or otherwise) will depend on who the developer is. Ours took only about a week. I seem to remember they said to allow up to 4 weeks.
Yeah, I thinks your builder is a bit lazy - I wonder if that is a sign of things to come for you - sorry to say!

Good luck anyway, don't take no crap from him Abbey!

Annie
Abbey_aj
We've just had our final drawings ordered and we were told we were responsible for sending our plans to the developers for approval ourselves, is this what is usually done? I initially thought that the builders would do all the paperwork including application for developer approval and council permits.

How long does it take on average to gain developer approval?

Normally the builder does it for you. They email the plans off to the development people who they are in constant contact with (if they have display homes there). The approval normally takes 1-2 weeks.
Our builder is doing this for us. Even putting the future shed location on for me.
Related
29/01/2024
Sign off approval required before verandah built

General Discussion

Depends on size, local regulations etc. Ask your Council.

13/02/2024
DA vs CDC (Approval Times) in Ku-ring-gai Council?

Building A New House

Hi Minho I have heaps of experience in Ku-ring-gai with both DAs and CDC ( this is the main area we build in). DA's are taking 12-18months and CDC's we have been doing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum