Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Contract Clauses - Statesman SA

Page 1 of 1
I read about how builders delay things...but if they go so far over completion date they pay you rent? i have not seen it in their contract...

Do Statesman do this...??? they seem to have that many ways of getting out of it....All these points menas they can add time to completion date without defaulting....

Delay in construction:
6.1 (c) Inability on the part of the builder...to obtain skilled, semi skilled labour...carrying out the said works
(e) by act of god...inclement weather...
(g) by unsual delay in supply of materials
(h) by delay of persons....to perform the work or supply materials.
(m) by any other matter, cause or thing beyond the control of builder.
So if they delay for weeks/months and cite any of these clauses, you just have to wait without compensation. Is this true???

THEN...

With all the delays, they can slug you with price increases....

7.1 If the ok start date occurs after 90 days from signing....they can slug you cpi increse of materials from the day after the 90 day lag, til work starts.

AND

7.2 Basically says that because of the extensions they enforce....after the completion date they can once again index price increases for they extra time they take.,....even being their fault.

And one other thing....

12.5 ...they aowners are responsible for all charges relating to provision and usuage of power,water,sewearge and gas during construction....

Can anbyone from SA or others, confirm whether builders actually enforce all these things...????
so new house coming up!
congratulations!

I think you might need another contractor like an audit to check what your're builder is doing. Your new contractor will give you progress report of your new building.

Just an idea.
Medsy,
Clause 6.1 items relates to 'force majeur'. Very common in all contracts, not just building contracts. My building contract (not with Statesman) also has these.
Clauses 7.1 & 7.2 -- can't remember what my contract says

Clause 12.5 -- very common in building contracts; also in mine. Yes, I'm led to believe that we'll get a bill (normally quite small though) when we move in. IMO there are many other (much worse) things that the cost can blow out on you.
Chris
Related
3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

24/01/2024
HIA HOME CONTRACT

General Discussion

Would love to know who your builder is?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum