Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Thorney's GJ Lewis Home

Page 43 of 48
As l said before progress on the house has been slow, well it sure feels that way anyway but we are getting there!! BIL has got his a** into gear (finally!!) and is making slow but steady progress on the electrical work. We are still waiting on some lights to come in on order so that’s held him up a bit, but there seems to be a fair bit left to do.

Anyhoo here’s some pics of what we do have:

Most Powerpoints have been done…these are the Clipsal Saturns (white). We put these in the kitchen (splashback, island bench (yet to be done), ensuite and bathroom:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/diamondzoe/DSCF0246.jpg

Rest of the house has these slimline ones in the Desert Sand colour:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/diamondzoe/DSCF0245.jpg

All our light switches are in the Clipsal Saturns as well (except the garage). I just love the look of these. This pic is of the Entry light switch:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/diamondzoe/DSCF0224.jpg

Ensuite mirrors are in (still to be finished off), IXL and vanity lighting done:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/diamondzoe/DSCF0253.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/diamondzoe/DSCF0254.jpg

Door handles are on:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/diamondzoe/DSCF0243.jpg

Kitchen pendants are in and downlights done…yay!. The pendants still need some adjusting we are awaiting the correct light globes to turn up. But l’m happy how these have turned out. As you can see by the pic Air-Con vents are in too.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/diamondzoe/DSCF0255.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/diamondzoe/DSCF0235.jpg

Concretors have delivered the reo, sand and other stuff today, so perhaps later today or tomorrow boxing up may start.

The biggest thing that has happened though is that our Carpets started getting laid yesterday
I am so rapt and unbelievably relieved with the colour as I had forgotten what l picked!!, lol. I can’t get over how soft and plush underfoot it is, it’s just divine! I took a couple of pics but have decided to wait until it’s all finished, which will be sometime today
can't see the pics thorney (i'm at work
) but it all sounds lovely - awesome that you are happy with your choices!
I love your light switches!! Beautiful. And i was the same with the carpet.. completely forgot what we had picked.. but definately happy with it!! Everythings looking FAB! Not long to go now.
Your light switches!!! Wow!!

Can' i ask how much they were??
wow thorney it is a race to the finish line you're definitely in the lead. What gorgeous power points & light switches
They look ultra modern & sleek! And wow the mirrors are in....ours mirrors aren't in yet. Dh finally met electrician this morning and gave him the lights we selected. Plumbers are fitting in the tapware today. It seems like there is still so much to be done and we are less than 3 days to PCI
Thorney great minds think alike, they are the same switches we have picked,

just waiting for the blooming electrician to give us an upgrade price or we will just supply them ourselves and he can install them, I'm about sick of waiting for him TBH. They are divine!

I know what you mean about progress being slow, it's awfully painful isn't it?!

Everything's looking soooooo good though, not long now!
Looking spesh Thorney, love the switches and the pendants
very happy that things are moving along for you.
Wow Thorney, your pendants and light switches are snazzy!
Looks fantastic Thorney. I love the pendant lights in the kitchen they look great. Are you counting down the sleeps yet??
Jess09
can't see the pics thorney (i'm at work
) but it all sounds lovely - awesome that you are happy with your choices!

Thanks Jess for the compliment, even though you haven;t seen the pics yet!

erinleigh
I love your light switches!! Beautiful. And i was the same with the carpet.. completely forgot what we had picked.. but definately happy with it!! Everythings looking FAB! Not long to go now.

Thanks Erin, l love em too. Isn't it scary not remembering what you picked!! I feared that l may have gone with something really light (like the walls
)...so l was sooo relieved to see that l hadn't! Nope not long to go!

Jodie80
Your light switches!!! Wow!!

Can' i ask how much they were??

Thanks Jodie
...Umm l have no idea how much they are as my BIL (our sparky) got them. I think a few people have mentioned some prices in the Clipsal Saturn thread though.

blessedpeople
wow thorney it is a race to the finish line you're definitely in the lead. What gorgeous power points & light switches
They look ultra modern & sleek! And wow the mirrors are in....ours mirrors aren't in yet. Dh finally met electrician this morning and gave him the lights we selected. Plumbers are fitting in the tapware today. It seems like there is still so much to be done and we are less than 3 days to PCI

Thanks blessed
...Well l hope everything is ready for your PCI on Friday....l'm feeling less stressed now about everything being ready for our PCI. Will have to catch up on your thread to see where you guys are up to.

pinkfairymagic
Thorney great minds think alike, they are the same switches we have picked,

just waiting for the blooming electrician to give us an upgrade price or we will just supply them ourselves and he can install them, I'm about sick of waiting for him TBH. They are divine!

I know what you mean about progress being slow, it's awfully painful isn't it?!

Everything's looking soooooo good though, not long now!

Once again, we have selected the same thing....amazing isn't it!
Hope the upgrade price ain't too hefty! Are you getting them throughtout or just in selected areas?

SuH
Looking spesh Thorney, love the switches and the pendants
very happy that things are moving along for you.

lisanne
Wow Thorney, your pendants and light switches are snazzy!

thanks guys

sammy_sj
Looks fantastic Thorney. I love the pendant lights in the kitchen they look great. Are you counting down the sleeps yet??

Oh yes indeed!!

2 more rent payments to go, 3 days til PCI, 10 days til Handover, 11 days til we start moving in and 14 more sleeps til our first night at the house!
Woo-hoo!!! What a difference a few hours make……l can’t believe how much got done/was getting done upon my return to the house this arvo!

Firstly, when l arrived the concretors were excavating the driveway and measuring up and levelling the pathway…yay!! By the time l left everything was boxed up, reo’d and ready for the pour tomorrow…fingers crossed!

Secondly, the carpet guy had finished and l’m sooo loving the carpet. I inspected the joins and all seem barely noticeable if at all bar the Rumpus Room (will wait and see if the join settles) but with it being carpeted now, it looks even more freakin massive!!. Come to think of it, all the carpeted rooms look bigger now. Some pics:

It appears that the carpet shades badly, but in reality l can barely notice it….must be the flash on the camera that highlights it more?

Looking from entry into my study:

Looking into HT:

Looking from HT into entry:

Master Bedroom looking towards Ensuite (left) and WIR (right)

BIL was steaming along with the electrical fit out, he’s hoping to have everything tomorrow. Some elec pics:

Light Switch – 2 gang (l really wanted to take pics of the 5 and 6 gang ones, but BIL hadn’t fitted them off yet)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/diamondzoe/DSCF0265.jpg

IXL in bathroom:

Most of the oysters have been assembled and fitted, downlights to the living area are done, all ceiling fans and exhaust fans have been fitted. l ran out of memory on the XD card though so got no pics of these. l really wanted to take a few pics of the driveway all reo’d too…ah well! I'm so looking forward to tomorrow!
I'm really loving the light switches, it's nice to see something different. Those pendants look great too and so does the carpet, a very nice colour, It's all coming together really well now
A HUGE WHOOPING YAY!

LOVE your Clipsal switches! These are the ones that glow in the dark yes? I showed my hubby a pic of it and he said it would be good for the downstairs area. Hmmm... I might check out how much these little thingies cost and ask the electrician whether he'd be able to put them in for us ....
The house is looking great Thorney, the light switches and pendants are gorgeous
Not too much longer to go!!!
WOW Thorney...simply awesome!

PCI is still on Friday but builder says he is still wiating for stegbar to deliver the shelves (for the WIP), mirrors, shower screens & splashbacks. Apparently the tilers completed their works on thursday & stegbar came by to measure and items will only be delivered on Monday/Tuesday.
I have left a message with the building inspector about this. However, if Peter is happy to proceed with PCI withut these items then we will
Hi Thorney's WOW things are really moving along I love those switches, I might have to steal that idea
they look great. The carpet looks wonderful all your colours work really well Congrats.
Wont be long now.
Love the switches and powerpoints, very smart! we should have put those at least on the glass splashback... The pendants are lovely too! your house is really coming together now!

Not long to go!
Thanks everyone....

Mixed day progress wise today, but overall l'm pretty pleased at where we are now sitting.

Due to the rain last night, the concrete pour didn't happen today. With rain forecast on and off for the rest of the week....it may not get done til next week now??....Funnily though l am not stressing about it not being done in time for handover.....which is odd for me!

SS installed all the soap holders, toilet paper rings and towel rails. Though l just discovered this evening that we have no privacy locks on the Wc's, ensuite and bathroom doors, so will be giving him a call in the morning about that.

Electricals are flying along and almost done.....Bar a couple of lights to be fitted (on order, waiting for plaster patches to dry) the inside of the house is finished. When l left late this evening, he was starting on the alfresco, and still had the switchboard and Startserve to do. It's going to be a long night and a very early morning for him as it all must be done by 10am tomorrow, as that's when the inspector is coming to do the Certificate Of Occupancy thingy.

Have organised for Telstra to do their thing for Monday and l'm rapt with what will be our new phone number
I can't wait to ditch the phone number we have now....l'd love a dollar for everytime l've had to say "you've got the wrong number" or, "no, this is not (insert 3 different businesses here)"..l'd be a very rich chick!!

SS advised today that they'd like to hand over the house earlier
I agreed of course (on the proviso that EVERYTHING is done) but it will also depend on how quick the bank takes with the handover cheque. To be honest, l doubt very much that we'll get handover any earlier and l'm totally fine with that.

Have taken a heap of pics today....will post them tomorrow though
That's very exciting news Thorney! I reckon the bank would be a sticking point with trying to get an earlier handover which is annoying!

If I don't hear anything today I need to ring mine to see how the inspection went and to see if I can collect the cheque the day before or not
What funky light swtiches!! Love the bathroom tiling around the mirrors too!!

Excellent progress and looking fantastic as usual
Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum