Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Megzy New Home - Update 8.1.10

Page 1 of 26
Hi All

I think this forum is fan-tastic. Thank you to all members for their posts as I find them very helpful.

I have been snooping around for some time now. Thought I would start my own thread after bumping on others Sorry Crissy82.

My partner and I of 6 yrs are building the M3tricon Jasper 29 in Brisbane West with some mods. Total sqaures is around 33.

I must say the last 6 months has been very touch and go but now it is Day 1 we are very excited. The thought of having our first home being built is all very overwelming.

Day 1 sees nothing happening that we know of. Site scrap has been booked for next wed. We are excited to meet our SS as he seems very nice.

One day I will get around to posting some photos. We have chosen some bold exterior colours (well I think they are) but we thought why not its our first home just go for it.

To begin with we have chosen the following:

Roof - Colourbond Ironstone
Cladding - Dulux similar to Deep Ocean
Front Render - Dune
Garage Door - Tuscan Cedar Stained
Edit: Bricks to back of home: Borals Winter Gold

I would love your opinions on these colours.

Cheers!
Congrats! let the fun (and sometime stressful situation!) being, def worth it in the end

As for bold colors we were the same (l think so!) inside greens and browns, outside we have what looks like in most lights as white tiles (makes it easy for ppl finding us, look for the white roof!) l was a bit worried how it would look now its all together l love it! l think different is good (im properly bias though
)

Sounds really nice, l know what all look like except the Tuscan Cedar Stained Pivot, can't comment on that, but the rest sounds good, what color bricks??
Thanks Woodsey for your reply. I guess we will see in a few months time what it looks like.

We just went with Boral Winter Gold for the back of the house.
Hey Megzy !!

Great to be able to read about your build now !!

So, SS is nice, thats great !! Do you know his name by any chance? I've heard the name of the guy we'll more than likely have cos he does our area - I'm wondering if its the same one !!

You guys must be so excited!!

Take care & all the best!: )
Where abouts in the west?
Crissy - I have sent you a PM. Hope its the same one

Chuth77 - We are building in Moggill. Heard from others that it is a very nice area. Cannot wait to join their community. Are you building or live in the west?
Used to visit Moggill for many years with an old friend... He had 10 acres on the river... 5 of it unusable cliff slope, but the view was awesome...
can't wait to read more and see pics!!!!!!!!!!!! how exciting to have your site scrape booked! we are still waiting for our ss to be assigned....but will be starting hopefully in the next month so we can race each other!

Good luck megzy!!!!
Thanks Kylie the race will be on. We have a build time of 180 days so about 6 months time we will know.

I am just so excited today. Today is the day we meet our SS on site. Only 2 hrs to go.
Hopefully they have already started our site scrape. Not that much needs to be done anyway. We dont have any cut or fill. We are completely flat.

I am so nervous not sure why I guess it is just the known. I have so many butterflies in my tummy right now but at least I had a good nights sleep.

Woo hoo can't wait
Hey Megzy

Wow !! You must be so excited !!!! Next time I"m out at my parents place I'll have to have a drive past and see whats been happening on your block!

Do you guys live far from there now ?

I hope it all goes well with the site scrape ! Thats so awesome you don't need cut & fill !!!

Keep us updated !

Crissy
Megzy,

Good luck with your build. The Jasper looks like an awesome home!
We are building the Lindeman and will hopefully start next week!
Thanks Crissy and Ryan.

We had a slow start with the machinery braking down but only will delay a few days. I think I must have jinxed it by being so excited.

Site meeting went well. We do not have any expections at this stage for timing. SS said that all is going well atm with contractors and could expect completion around 16 weeks. Shock! We will see how we go.

I will get around to post photos soon. All we have atm is a MCon sign and a small amount of scrape done.

Updates hopefully soon.
How exciting megzy, you'll be moving in in no time!!

I love your exterior colours. We have started a thread in The Finishing Touch section with exterior colour choices listed. It may help out others (like me
) that are having trouble with this. Maybe you could list yours there too?
Good luck with your build, don't forget the photos as you go along!

themax
building with the big C, final plans being drawn, packing and choosing colours.
Thanks for the tip themax. Good luck with your journey too. After 6 months of colour selections and waiting on approvals I am finally enjoying the process.
Hey Megzy,
Thanks for the vote of confidence that its gets more enjoyable. We can't wait.
Crissy
Hey Megzy,

Any updates? I got an email to say that we "hope" tp start next week, so fingers crossed. With the current heat wave I wouldnt wish it on anyone to work in these conditions though...day 3 of 40+ and its supposed to stay that way for the next 6 days........
Nothing to report on yet. Will be doing a drive by this afternoon after work or on the weekend.

Ryan - I agree with you about the weather I would not wish anyone to be working outside in that heat. We are not experiencing temperatures anything like you guys atm. Hope it moves on very soon.
I hope theres been some action on your block over the last couple of days - and look forward to reading an excited update from you soon!!
Hope all goes well for you Megsy.

What options did you add to your Jasper?

Anne
Testing photo upload. This is our Jasper plan.

Hope this works! Bugger nope. Can anyone see this

Related
16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

19/08/2023
New home

Building A New House

Skjm You might want to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKx-bsOr2jg If that link doesn't work go to youtube and search for Zac Homes ACA I am really…

13/10/2023
Renovating new home - Asbestos question

Renovation + Home Improvement

What you are looking at is fibrous plaster, true gypsum, it is cast on horizontal beds with fibers included to give strength. I has no Asbestos in it. Houses before 1985…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum