Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Pulling out before tender.

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Hope you're all enjoying the weather.

We certainly are...and as we've signed a tender with a major project builder, our future is now a little more certain...i hope.

We did however pay a 600 dollar deposit for soil test etc with another project builder, who we now don't want to build with and have now cancelled our tender aoppoint.

As we signed some drawings/price documents with them at our initial sales meeting, I was wondering can the project builder come back and invoice us for these drawings?

Thanks for any advice.

TC
sorry to bump...

but does anyone know please?

Thanks in advance

TC
Tough question, touchingcloth. But wouldn't that be dependant on the builder? And perhaps what it is exactly that you signed?

We also paid a $600 deposit with our builder in the early stages. From what we gathered this fee covered the soil tests and the preliminary drawings that were going to be ordered and presented to us at Tender. The $600 was then not refundable after the soil tests were performed.

If we were then happy with the Tender, we were supposed to sign the document and also pay a 3% deposit. This fee covers the layout drawings that is going to be ordered and put into the Contract. If we then backed out at this point we would've lost the 3% deposit.

So, our builder doesn't progress to the next stage until we have made some sort of payment. This could possibly be the same with yours but I'm not entirely sure as I am not familiar with who you are building with.
YSSIM
Tough question, touchingcloth. But wouldn't that be dependant on the builder? And perhaps what it is exactly that you signed?

We also paid a $600 deposit with our builder in the early stages. From what we gathered this fee covered the soil tests and the preliminary drawings that were going to be ordered and presented to us at Tender. The $600 was then not refundable after the soil tests were performed.

If we were then happy with the Tender, we were supposed to sign the document and also pay a 3% deposit. This fee covers the layout drawings that is going to be ordered and put into the Contract. If we then backed out at this point we would've lost the 3% deposit.

So, our builder doesn't progress to the next stage until we have made some sort of payment. This could possibly be the same with yours but I'm not entirely sure as I am not familiar with who you are building with.

Thanks for the reply YSSIM. I guess that you're right about it depending on the builder. I reckon they might 'try it on' and try to invoice me for work done on drawings etc. Oh well...we'll see
Related
3/06/2023
Tender and Roof Colours

General Discussion

Hey. Head to a metal and decide on which profile you will use first. Profiles with larger corrugations can greatly change the appearance of the color in different…

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

2/09/2023
Questions to ask a builder before you begin?

Building A New House

Ardo That is so funny! I wonder how many people know who Larry Haun is these days. I have a couple of young guys we call Mo 1 & Mo 2 who run a crew of 6 boys and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum