Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone built with *?

Page 1 of 1
I am looking at building a home with * in Perth. Has anyone had any experiences with them? Good or Bad?
Hi there

Yep have built with them twice and extremely happy with both housesll!

We are building again and the only reason we decided not to build with them this time was that they didn't have the type of floorplan that we wanted.

Anymore questions please feel free to ask!

Nat
Hi Nat,

Thanks very much for your input. This is my first home and I didnt know much about *, mainly because I dont see them advertised like Dale Alcock and Ventura Homes etc.

I see some other builders saying they will build a home in 6-7 months but dont see any advertising like that with Content. How long ago did you build? How long did it take to build your homes with Content. Can I stipulate a timeframe in the contract?

Thanks
Hi Again

We built the first home in 2000 and the second in 2004...I can't remember exact time frames (I'm hopeless remembering things) but I think all up it took about 12 months from when we signed up to handover...I think the actual construction phase was around the 7 month mark.

You could always ask the sales rep. approx how long you are looking at as it varies depending on whether your titles are available, what area, how busy they are at any time etc....I would also suggest that you always ask these companies how long in total from when you first put the deposit down to finish because alot of these companies are advertising 7 months but this is actually from slab down...so often they forget to tell you that it takes them more than 6 months for the pre-construction phase.

Funny you should mention Dale and Ventura. We were originally going to build this time with Dale but didn't because we had so many dramas with them...funny enough we are now building with Ventura...signed the contracts last night so will be going to pre-start in a few weeks...to date they have been fantastic.

Hope this helps
Nat
That helps a lot, thanks again. I was told it would be about 12 months from when I sign to handover, so I'll confirm that all with the rep.

I am only just getting the final floorplan of the house today, we have been making changes for a few weeks now, not much left to change now. Also, if we sign tonight then we will get 4K off the price, some end of month * promotion.

Can you remember if content have a reasonable builders range to choose items from?
Yeah from memory they where pretty good with choice! The first home we were very poor first home buyers so didn't upgrade much and just choose standard items.

The second home we upgraded the tiles, vinyl wrap kitchen doors, standford doors etc. - the thing I really like about Content is that they are very reasonable with their upgrade prices - I never felt like I was being ripped off.

What house are your building through them?
Ah ok, thats good then. I was worried that the builders range might not be as good as some of the other more commonly known builders.

We are building the Alberta home, I think its like an alternative design to the Mulgrave and Madiera home. We really liked the floorplan of the **, and you seem to get a big house for a good price.

What home are you building?
Hi there

Yep Content defintely do a nice big home...esp. their kitchens!

The last home we built with Content which we are in now is called the Ocean Vista...I think it is called the Resort now.

Good luck with it all and if you have any other questions down the track please ask.

Nat
Thanks again for all your help! Now I'm even more excited to build this home...

Good luck building your home aswell
Heyya

I am currently building with CL

I have had minimal issues with them (slight hicup at start with 3rd party geotech testing) but things have been very very slow.

We signed on the 5th of April 2006, with full titles and only now has approx 1/2 the brickwork been completed. Admitaley christmas has been a setback, but I was hoping to be a little further advanced.

The prestart was great, and the staff have a good vibe about the way they communicate, and they were more than accomadation to design changes that I made.

I was told approx 9months from slab down, but as mentioned earlier the time before slab down can be the delay so yeah from signing to completion in a year would be very hopeful.

I still hod hope that my place will be ready by Sept07

If you want to have a look around "The Sanctuary Estate" in Aubin Grove there is at least 5 ** under construction.

Good luck
Hey there,

Thanks for the info, I have heard of some mixed results with Content, in terms of delays like that, but I think that seems to be something that is not uncommon when using other builders also...

Thanks for the heads up to check out "The Sanctuary Estate" in Aubin Grove. I will definately follow that up.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a 12 month completion. Good luck with your home!
Hi all

* seem to be a single storey builder so you would expect the building times to be under the 12 months mark based on other feedback we have received. 7 months seems rather good! Its funny how it was not that long ago when they built houses in 3 months!

Currently no ranking for content on BB so I can't provide any input, however from the comments above they seem to be quite good.

Regards
As I go throught the building process I will post some data up on the your site about the experience...So far it has been pretty good.

Got the pre-start pack the other day. Standard range for door handles and taps is very limited, so we'll have to add that to the list...

Does anyone know if this is similar for other builders, or if this is one of the reasons that * can have such low prices for such big houses?

Cheers...
Hi xzibit

Thanks!

Re your pre-start options, I'd say Content do aim to keep the price down, but remember to shop around as you can often supply your own taps etc and depending on what ones you are after it can be cheaper than through the builder, but not always as they sometimes have some bulk buy discounts.

Cheers
xzibit
As I go throught the building process I will post some data up on the your site about the experience...So far it has been pretty good.

Got the pre-start pack the other day. Standard range for door handles and taps is very limited, so we'll have to add that to the list...

Does anyone know if this is similar for other builders, or if this is one of the reasons that * can have such low prices for such big houses?

Cheers...

Little things like limited tap selection, basic oven and hotplates, gas hot water heating rather than solar heart, acylic basins, building to the eaves may be some cost saving measures that i have noticed.

You will find that if you provide the details on the style of handle you want that they should be able to acomadate you. For example I got all the internal doors in a different style.

Just be careful of providing your own stuff, for example we were looking at providing better oven hotplate setup, that we could get from Rick Hart, however these items would not be covered by builders insurance if they were stolen from site. It is written in the contract quite clearly that owner supplied goods are not insured. One to watch if you start providing your own handles taps etc.
The builder may be slightly more, but your covered if anyone tries to steal them.
& also no glass shower doors, no ranghood (fan in roof)
Related
21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum