Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building M3tricon Denver31 - progress

Page 3 of 3
Hey Aido,

We have just started our build with Metricon and we have chosen the Denver 43. It has been awesome seeing your home being built as ours will be practically identical. We too have made the garage bigger but love your ideas about the cavities in the ensuite as we never really thought about it until just recently. Not sure if they will even accept any changes from us at this late stage as unfortunately, they haven't been as great to us (Customer Service wise) as they sound to be with you. Time will tell. Loving your pics and good luck....
Hey Reens76,
we made a paint colour change pretty late, mainly due to Christine being talked out of her colour pick. Told us it did not cover well so she picked another colour. I think our frame was finished when we changed back to our original colour, no charge.
We loved the Denver43, looked at one that had just been completed before hand over. Only reason we didnt go that is there are only 2 of us and I think we get lost in the 31 as it is.
What area are you building in, as I have said all along the guys at Geelong office are fantastic, constantly keeping us up to date, building supervisor is always happy to have a chat.
good luck
Hey Aido,

We are building in Yarrambat, small suburb before Doreen and after Greensborough in the north. It's a little hard for us to picture the house as we have only seen the Denver in South Morang display as 28 and we loved that but as we have 2 kids under 6, we had to think for them and for our sanity until they move out we had to get the bigger.

We loved the zoned areas of the house and as we are on 2 half acres ourselves it was one of a few that the project builders offer straight off the plan that we didnt have to muck around with too much. There were certain rooms in the 43 that the 28/31 didnt offer that were un-negotaibles as far as I was concerned, ie; butlers pantry, personal study in our master zone and etc.

We have had a little trouble with our builders which is a shame as we are not builders or plumbers or sparky's ourselves, we are finding it hard to get a strraight answer on what we believe to be a straight question. It has to go through 15 people before we hear anything and now I'm just getting the automated email replies 'Thanks for you email and I will respond as soon as I can!' cheesy and not how I like to operate. Anywho, it is exciting times none-the-less and we are waiting for the framers to start. Side line, if you made any variations to the contract, were you told that the variations come off the bottom line figure at the end? so you really never know how much you are up for at any time?? Great hearing from you and look forward to your updates. Cheers
Good luck with build Reens76, I can tell you from the Denver43 we saw it is fantastic!!!!!

The painter finished inside today, will have to get out and get some pics. Here are a couple as he was progressing. The paint has highlighted a few things to be fixed. One of the cavity sliders you can see the honeycomb pattern now the gloss paint is on and a slight twist in the cornice in the hall. Our building supervisor is all over it and will have it fixed asap, fingers crossed.

Main bathroom

Small section of kitchen bench

Looking from lounge across dining to kitchen

Laundry

Closer view of kitchen
Looking good Aido! I'm enjoying this build!

Reens76, I'm building in the outer north and I know where there's a Denver 43 well under way out there. Send me a PM if you are interested in the address to have a look.
Well we are getting close and now the frustratingly slow bit. Seems to take for ever when you are sooooo close!!!! Waiting on painter to come and finish, about 2 days work left for him. Roller door was fitted last week. Shelves etc were put in walk in robe and other bedroom cupboards today. Need shower screens and hand basins fitted and then the appliances. Still no date, our building supervisor told us he would only give us 2 weeks notice.
I will post photos when I get out there again and take some.
Adrian
Sorry for lack of updates but we are in
We got the keys on the 4th June. We had carpet laid on Friday morning, tv aerial installed as well. All our furniture moved out on Saturday. Blinds were put in yesterday. I will get some final pics we when finally unpack all the boxes. Very happy with the final finish. Just a few small things, no hole in laundry cabinet to connect washing machine hoses and the flix mixer in the kitchen plumbed backwards i.e. cold symbol is hot water.
As an overall build been very happy, building supervisor knew most of the items that needed repairs before we raised them and all were done quickly. Majority of the contractors were great and very accomodating, let us in to have a look while they were working.
Anyway will post photos when I get the phone line in and internet connected again, cant upload photos from work
Hey Aido,

Excellent news. We are nearly at the painting stage and are looking forward to getting in there soon hopefully. Can't wait for your final pics. Cheers, reens76.
Related
22/09/2023
Progress Payments - Flood rebuild

General Discussion

haha a draw? didnt realise we were battling!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum