Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Can you please share your Eden Brae building experiences

Page 2 of 2
All their promotional material is a farce. Even their lifestyle living promotion/prestige living promotion - They claim $34000 for $3400 or $48,000 for $4800 but alot of it is part of their standard inclusions.

Its very cleverly written to make us think, we are getting a good deal, but when you read word for word, you realise they have just very cleverly worded and rephrased inclusions.
Agree totally.
It's important for prospective customers of ALL volume builders to realise that these builders don't give anything away.
They are in the business to make money for themselves. And that is one very large reason why their customer service belongs in the dark ages. Unfortunately, they can't understand that great customer service will bring them more business in the long term, particularly when times are tough. They are too short-sighted to comprehend that.
cte1959, what review do you mean ?
Hi - Also Building with EB - just starting out ie: not out of council yet.

I've got a separate thread running if you troll through to "Building an EB Memphis 28MK3

So far so good but it is very early days yet

My Mrs doesn't like our CSR. We had an issue with the soil test engineer and you get one chance and one chance only with my partner and thats it.

Personaly I think our CSR is a bit slow to respond. I'm in a service relationship job myself so I have an insight into what is expected from a customer.

Until recently EB had a really great bloke that I'm happy to name in open forum. Bob Downing was fantastic. He recently retired so whatever Bob is up to I wish him all the best. I wish he was our CSR.

We are almost finished the selection process. Tiles to go yet

Intial colour consult - Great experience.

Blinds quote - Great experience. Note: we were not booked in for blinds on the day and we were squeezed in at a moments notice and the price came back at a pretty good price given we are getting shutters on 6 windows, and a combination of Sheers and Blockouts on the rest.

Kitchen - Location of quote - unknown. ETA of Quote - unknown. Price of quote - unknown. Need I say more.........

IMHO you will find pros and cons for every builder. Some people have a trouble free build with a particular company and then others have issues with the exact same builder.

2 Golden Rules -

Pay attention to detail.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

30/05/2023
share traditional gable roof facade with pillars having ston

Building A New House

traditional gable roof facade - Have you did the dark and light gray color combination in facade with gray stone in facade…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum