Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Opinions on brickwork please

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys... Can I get your opinion on the inside of the brickwork in this picture. I assume it's normal for the inside of the brickwork to be like this, and will check with our site supervisor just to be sure. I was just surprised at the lack of mortar on the inside in places, and thought there would be more.

Have other people got the same thing with their brickwork?

Hi BB, I can't comment on the brickwork except to say that it doesn't look right to me either.... but where is your sisalation? (the blue or green wrapping paper they put under the bricks - I think its called sisalation?) We couldn't see the inside of our bricks because of this paper.
donuts
Hi BB, I can't comment on the brickwork except to say that it doesn't look right to me either.... but where is your sisalation? (the blue or green wrapping paper they put under the bricks - I think its called sisalation?) We couldn't see the inside of our bricks because of this paper.

Umm good question, I was half expecting the house to be 'wrapped'. But then I noticed some houses get wrapped, and others don't. Maybe it's a state thing? Is it required in VIC and not NSW? I'll be sure to ask our independent inspector just to be sure.
Maybe it is a state thing, I'm sure someone will come along and advise.

We can see the inside of the bricks in our garage, and none of them have not much mortar like that. Sorry not to be re-assuring!
The mortar does look at bit skimpy doesn't it.

heres how ours looked like prior to plaster in the garage at least

Duplicate post for some reason

Deleted the duplicate post
As I understand it, the wrapping is to create a moisture barrier as well as insulation against heat/cold. As the bricks are porous (can't spell that word), what's going to stop your plaster from getting wet?

Em
Thanks for the replies guys. Apparently our builder never uses sarking for the walls unless it's required as a fire retardant in certain areas.
Related
25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

19/09/2023
Gyprock before Brickwork

Building A New House

Yes windows and doors are in

30/10/2023
is this brickwork acceptable

Building A New House

I wanted to get some thoughts on the quality of workmanship on the following brickwork? are there specific clauses in Australian Standards which relate…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum