Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Laminex or stone price differences

Page 2 of 2
Hi, we're building the Frances 29 with PD and have upgraded to 40mm edge in the kitchen in the cat 2 range at a cost of $2008. Waterfall ends added $1264. 20mm cat 1 qq in the bathroom was $353 and the same in the ensuite for $492. Hope that helps gives you an idea what costs you might incur.
We upgraded to 40mm Ice QQ to our kitchen and included waterfall edge to Island - cost was $1710 (April '08 contract). We were given quotes for ensuite and bathroom @ $731 and $490 for 20mm QQ from the standard range.

Cat 2 QQ in Gobi Black was about an extra $1000.00 from memory, Gobi looks great with Polar White, alot of the Prestige displays I went to had this combination.

I preferred to have thicker QQ in the kitchen and none in the bathrooms. I like my areas to all be different
Wanna
Hi, we're building the Frances 29 with PD and have upgraded to 40mm edge in the kitchen in the cat 2 range at a cost of $2008. Waterfall ends added $1264. 20mm cat 1 qq in the bathroom was $353 and the same in the ensuite for $492. Hope that helps gives you an idea what costs you might incur.

Sorry - silly question coming up was the cost of the waterfall ends in addition to the $2,008?

The pricing on the stone in the bathrooms and ensuites sounds really good!

Cheers
donuts
We got our own stone mason in to do the kitcfhen stone tops - for 40mm including waterfall edges it cost us $4400 plus GST. I am still not sure how much we are getting back for the laminate though.

If anyone is interested, we ended up getting back $500 for our laminate benchtop. So it cost us $3900 to upgrade.
Hi, yep waterfall edges were extra as quoted. We were happy with the prices for the bathrooms though although we might have issues with the sink and taps we've chosen. Waiting for PD to come back to us.
Related
27/04/2024
Laminex Essastone Discontinued - What are some good alternat

General Discussion

Caesarstone, quantum zero, Q Stone zero, porcelain. All the manufacturers are pivoting into zero silica materials. Google any of those and have a look. Some are still…

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum