Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in SA!

Page 128 of 203
After getting back in A-town last night, was all excited to go and see the progress to our house today. Unfortunately we arrived and the timber hasn't moved an inch and the frame hasn't started. Even the neighbours were surprised that nothing had been done, given the weather of the last week.

Oh well, will need to wait until next week now.
Hi there

Just a quick one, our fridge/freezer is for sale on the classified page
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=33703

Wombat
Oh Freddyflop,

How disappointing for you. I hope you're ok with it but at the end of the day, what choice do you have?

Welcome back.
Robin, I got some pics today from a certain property. Im just awaiting my camera to charge enough before I upload them ..
I went up to my mates block today because their contract period starts tomorrow. much to their suprise .. they have been cut and scraped, footings dug, reo and plastic installed. I suspect they will have a slab tomorrow .. on their contract start date ..

Looks like another easy rossdale build (fingers crossed for them)
Oh Tpin,
I can hardly wait. These photos give me hope that I might have a house one day.

CAMERA- HURRY UP AND CHARGE!
robinred55
Oh Tpin,
I can hardly wait. These photos give me hope that I might have a house one day.

CAMERA- HURRY UP AND CHARGE!

Here you go robin,

guess who is going to have a great house .. hope he does not mind

freddyflop
After getting back in A-town last night, was all excited to go and see the progress to our house today. Unfortunately we arrived and the timber hasn't moved an inch and the frame hasn't started. Even the neighbours were surprised that nothing had been done, given the weather of the last week.

Oh well, will need to wait until next week now.

Freddy,

I have found giving the SS a call every few weeks you can actually get his planned schedule off him .. so you know whats going to happen and pretty well when. just a thought if you choose to pursue it
Cheers tpin. Not really too bothered at this stage, but if nothing is done by next weekend, might give him or the CSC a call (maybe they will return it this time). As we are building in the Barossa, I figured there may be the odd delay with getting tradies out that way.

As the wife said, It feels a little empty to travel up there and not notice any changes. It wasn't a complete waste. The neighbour had a couple of cold beers waiting for us
Oh Tpin,
Thanks for giving me my fix. I think Hoff's house is so interesting with the different levels and it's a great design and a pick spot.

One day it's going to be meeeeeee.....
Its looking great
I went to Bluestone on Sunday
Hi everyone,

Well my fiancé went to Supreme today and guess what…. They don’t stock Shannon Oak anymore which is what we chose. So I would like some help with what you think would look best 

Option 1, overhead cupboards senosan (beige/gold shimmer) and choose a gloss laminate like the Shannon oak but different and keep with the stone bench top

Option 2, overhead cupboards senosan (beige/gold shimmer) and have burnished wood for the rest of the cupboard but also have that as the island bench but with slab ends. My only concern with choosing burnished wood is that the burnished wood is a matt laminate and the senosan is high gloss and not sure if that would look weird?
Hi Jessie,
That's disappointing about your cabinets. I'm hopeless about colours and anything apart from what I tend to like. Hope it works out for you.
Got some good news from my neighbours today. Apparently they have put up our whole frame in a day

Unfortunately there wont be any pics until the weekend.
Hello everyone, hoffdog is back, sorry I have not been on line, been very very busy with work so the forum has been neglected. No need for me to post photos, my mate Tpin has done that for me, its like having a secretary I love it.

The house is coming along nicely, just waiting for the roof still at the moment, retaining wall is being constructed at the moment.

Thank you Tpin and Jessie for visiting bluestone, we love people coming to see us, lol.

Freddy good news on the frame my friend, good times.
Somewoman looks like you are getting a bit more done, good to see.
Jessie got the roof on nice, now you have more colour selections though, arrrrggggghhhh
Robinred hang in there, your turn is coming.

Tpin you should just about be set to move in yeah. Well thats about it for now, nice to be back, i have a 6am flight to melbourne tomorrow, not looking forward to that.
Hi all

Just a general topic about 'moving'

Our plan is to rent one of the 'PODS', have it delivered to our rental next week and start filling it.

The when ready, they pick it up and take it to the new house.

Costs a little more than doing it yourself but works for us because

* We can declutter house now so it is tidy for rental viewings
* Pack as we go
* Ability to keep moving dates flexible. If we ad to move in a hurry we can, if handover is late butwe had to move out itcould all go in storage quickly and easily
* move to new house in one hit
* take as long as we need to unpack it meaning it's not madly shifting trailer load after trailer load in a hurry kind of thing

Cost for the large one for one month is $462.
24hr trailer hire around $100.

Anyone else had experience with these?
Hi all !!
I have been reading for a while and even did a post or two a while back but then got disheartened when it seemed it was all going to take forever

Anyway our house in London finally settled ...Yay so we could pay for our land ... YIPEEE and the weekend just gone we signed the contract with Format

We are building a 5 bedroom house based around Formats Hindmarsh on a largish but awkward plot of land in Millswood . Couldn't find a house that wouldn't need lots of rooms adding on so building seemed the best option , its our first time so very nervous but excited !!!
Congratulations hopeful on moving forward, before you know it you will have a slab
then it speeds by
bluesteel
Congratulations hopeful on moving forward, before you know it you will have a slab
then it speeds by

Thank you Bluesteel
I really hope so !!!!

We are in a rental at the moment while we get our house ready for sale , dont want to be paying rent for longer than we need too
We have received our bank pack which I think are final plans also. I've re-read the building guide and I'm still not 100% sure. Anyway, the plans show gables on the house again which I had removed so will have to get that changed. I've also just realised the linen press doesn't have doors (otherwise the would be shown on the plan correct). How did I miss that.

I do not love any of the standard paint colours I have to choose from. Feather White or Flokati are my preferance but I don't love them. Will get a larger sample from paint store to compare.

Called HQ and they said footings variation will be sent to use this week. Fingers crossed.

My building blog - http://barryandlaurasloveshack.blogspot.com/
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations - Melbourne

Building A New House

I do enjoy the drama:-D In his latest two videos he has started bringing security guards to site, I am waiting for the punch on to begin lol

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum