Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Certificates during construction or handover

Page 1 of 1
What certificates builder are required to provide to us during construction or handover in QLD? So far I have only received Plumbing Final Inspection certificate from BCC and Form 21 Final Inspection Certificate from building certifier. Is the Final inspection certificate same as occupancy certificate or is that a different thing?
The form 21 in Qld is the Occupany Certificate. At handover you should have or will receive all of the certificates. If you don't, the certifier can not issue a 21 without being provided all of the installation & design certificates. The 21 has the certifiers name ring them and request all of the certificates.
When the Building Approval was issued to the builder, you would have also received a copy of the certifiers decision notice (the approval) this includes a list of all the required certificates.

hope this helps
Thanks. I can see the list of certificates which are required as part of final inspection in the decision notice.
Can you give advice on how to get missing certificates needed for a form 21? Our bank requires us to provide one but we are missing 4 building certificates from our first builder who liquidated in 2022. We haven't had any luck retrieving them from the liquidator or original certifier either.
Related
5/12/2023
Frustration during Construction Phase

Building A New House

sorry wrong thread - deleted my post

20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum