- Essentially we have a north facing block, and the house layout we have decided on has a living/dining area at the back.
- The living/dining area is 3.6m high, with hi-lite windows each of the windows (to let in more light)
- Initially we thought a big south wall of windows would help, but I'm reading that south is not that great for living areas (?)
- But now I'm wondering if it's better to open up east windows (let in morning sun that shines into the dining area too)
- Benefit is that it allows us to open up the couch and create a more 'open' living space into the dining area. And also the TV is more visible from the kitchen.
- Note that there is a covered alfresco at the bottom of the living room (so not much light will flow in from the north since it is covered)
- To maximise natural light, which option would be better?
- Would all those east-facing windows create too much heat in the morning?
- Any other suggests or ideas?