Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Fairmont in Adelaide????

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Just wondering, if anyone is building with Fairmont in Adelaide? Has your slab been poured recently in the last 4-6 months?

We signed up with Fairmont in April 2022 and until now they haven't poured our foundation yet. We have been given reasons of wet winter, excessive rain etc for not being able to commence work as this could collapse the trenches and we'll have to cop the cost if they had to redo it again which I believe is bizarre. I know few of my mates who bought a block in May'22 and they have their framing done now as we speak.

We're really frustrated with the way it is going as I could see blocks where slabs have been poured in the middle of winter close to our street.

I think we made a big mistake of signing up with them...
Hi

Which state are you building?

[quote="soletraveller"]Hi All,

Just wondering, if anyone is building with Fairmont in Adelaide? Has your slab been poured recently in the last 4-6 months?

We signed up with Fairmont in April 2022 and until now they haven't poured our foundation yet. We have been given reasons of wet winter, excessive rain etc for not being able to commence work as this could collapse the trenches and we'll have to cop the cost if they had to redo it again which I believe is bizarre. I know few of my mates who bought a block in May'22 and they have their framing done now as we speak.

We're really frustrated with the way it is going as I could see blocks where slabs have been poured in the middle of winter close to our street.

/quote]
South Australia
Hi I have a block in Riverlea and was looking to sign them up. Not sure whether should I go ahead
[quote="soletraveller"]Hi All,

/quote]
I am surprised to hear that, I have always been under the opinion that Fairmont were one of the best builders. We have built 9 homes with them from 1990 to 2010 in Adelaide but nothing since then so things may have gone south with them too.
Hi soletraveller,
We are building with Fairmont in Gawler area and our slab has been poured in November 2022. Would like to hear of your updates on how you are travelling with your build.

It has been a few delays so far but we see it with all other builders as well so I would not say Fairmont is the worst of them on delays.
Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum