Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Storm water/downpipe connections.

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We are in the last couple of weeks of our build and today the drains were connected to stormwater. Before today we had noticed that the grate/pipes drains in the ground we’re slightly misaligned with the square drainpipes. We assumed some sort of S bend connector would be used to connect the drains and pipes.

However, the stormwater guys have been today and all they have done is just pop these grates on the pipes in the ground- I assume to help direct the flow of the water. It looks to us like if there was a heavy down pour, half would go into the drain and half would just rush out onto the ground behind the pipes.

I just wanted to know if what they have done is standard practice? Do these photos look ok?

Thanks

Kelsey

answered in general discussion where you posted the same question
Related
22/09/2023
Roof Downpipe connections to drainage

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

It's all good. You can get both wye piece and the coupling with or without thread. The cost difference is negligible and means the plumber only has to carry the single…

26/11/2023
Storm water drainage

Building A New House

Hello I am developing 2 side by side units. Wish someone can help me on the following questions 1) Which stage should be the storm water pipe installed during the new…

17/01/2024
Storm water extension?

General Discussion

If you need to be able to access these then you may need to dig them out and cut them so you can add a socket and a riser to the required height. We normally add a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum