Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR - NBN re-connection process

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,
Hoping you share your experiences and guide me in right direction.

We had HFC connection from street pole (aerial connection) on to roof of old house and then into small NTD box and then into house on the HFC plate.

The demo guys cut the wire and put back on pole etc. same story as others in the forum.

Now house is near completion and we've got metal pole at corner of property through which electricity is coming in from street pole and the PC20 white conduit is also next to the metal pole which leads to the side of garage etc. My electrician/cabler has also laid in conduit from our comms room to the side of garage where NTD is supposed to be installed by NBN so that they can string the HFC cable to the comms room.

What I don't have much idea is how do I go about getting connecting re-instated from the street pole for HFC cable?

Do I simply call RSP and ask for new connection which in turn will trigger NBN new install?
Or
Some other method/process?
Yes, call your internet provider to set up new connection. They will book NBN to come out.

Not sure if you still have the NBN box from the old house, if not, make sure you ask for a new NBN box too.

My demolition destroyed everything, NBN box and any wiring. I never lived in the old house. So I had to sign up a new NBN plan. They sent me a new NBN box and got NBN guy to come out. NBN guy told my electrician what to do within my property boundary during the first visit. NBN guy came out for the second time a week later to connect everything after my electrician had done everything he said.

This was all done before the house is fully completed. Be aware, some internet providers refuse to set up new connection during construction.
Jason526
By NBN box if you mean the little Gray utility box they put on side of wall for HFC connections then that got destroyed with demolition. I do however have Aries modem and since site is still the same, not sure if they will need to issue me new one or not.

But they definately need to install new utility box and the cable from that to inside of house in my comms room. We do however have P20 conduit ready for them to pull cable through from the position of utility box to comms room for them to install wall plate etc.

I'm planning to put new connection application 2 months early just in case NBN takes their time in issuing appointment date etc.

In my case, we have conduit ready from side of garage going underground to the pole that electrician installed at the corner of our property as with all new houses in existing suburbs. 3 Phase electricity connection is already connected to pole and underground through to meter box on side of garage.
Jason526
Yes, call your internet provider to set up new connection. They will book NBN to come out.

Not sure if you still have the NBN box from the old house, if not, make sure you ask for a new NBN box too.

My demolition destroyed everything, NBN box and any wiring. I never lived in the old house. So I had to sign up a new NBN plan. They sent me a new NBN box and got NBN guy to come out. NBN guy told my electrician what to do within my property boundary during the first visit. NBN guy came out for the second time a week later to connect everything after my electrician had done everything he said.

This was all done before the house is fully completed. Be aware, some internet providers refuse to set up new connection during construction.

When they sent you the new NBN box, did they charge you extra to replace the old one? I'm in a similar situation - my understanding is that you are liable if 'NBN property' is damaged or lost?
Speakers
Jason526

When they sent you the new NBN box, did they charge you extra to replace the old one? I'm in a similar situation - my understanding is that you are liable if 'NBN property' is damaged or lost?

No, I wasn't charged anything by my internet provider.

On NBN's end, it was still showing "everything in place" even though new house was almost complete. Internet provider submitted a request of Missing Equipment to NBN. I got my black NBN box very quickly in the mail.
dhaneri
@Jason526
By NBN box if you mean the little Gray utility box they put on side of wall for HFC connections then that got destroyed with demolition. I do however have Aries modem and since site is still the same, not sure if they will need to issue me new one or not.

But they definately need to install new utility box and the cable from that to inside of house in my comms room. We do however have P20 conduit ready for them to pull cable through from the position of utility box to comms room for them to install wall plate etc.

I'm planning to put new connection application 2 months early just in case NBN takes their time in issuing appointment date etc.

In my case, we have conduit ready from side of garage going underground to the pole that electrician installed at the corner of our property as with all new houses in existing suburbs. 3 Phase electricity connection is already connected to pole and underground through to meter box on side of garage.

I'm not exactly sure what the NBN guy told my electrician to install during his first visit. I know that they had to dig a trench from front boundary to the house. I guess that was the cable within my property.

My NBN box is a portable black box that looks like a router. It's currently plugged into the data point inside garage. This NBN box has a modem function already. All I needed to buy myself was a router to set up wifi.
Related
10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

22/12/2023
Water main connection

Building A New House

Hi all I'm currently building a duplex in Sydney and we need to do a new water connection to the second unit. The water main is on the other side of the road so we need…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum