Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

LOSP MATERIAL VS SCYON AXON CLADDING

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I just want some opinion as I don’t really know anything about timbers. My builder advised us that scyon axon cladding is not available so they wanted to replace it with LOSP material/treated timber if i’m correct. What are the pros and cons? Can anyone tell me which is dearer than the other and which one could last longer?
Abie03
Hi, I just want some opinion as I don’t really know anything about timbers. My builder advised us that scyon axon cladding is not available so they wanted to replace it with LOSP material/treated timber if i’m correct. What are the pros and cons? Can anyone tell me which is dearer than the other and which one could last longer?

Abie

Provided you are not in a flame zone, weathertex has a comparable product which I used on my house and I love it.

It's called weathergroove, made up near Newcastle from hardwood chips or something

https://www.weathertex.com.au/product-c ... hergroove/

Cheers

Simeon
Look at the guarantee for the products. This might give some insight into the longevity.

Think about the look you are after. So many choices. Even to the point that you have fixings and joins visible or not. It may play a big part before worrying about longevity or cost.
Related
29/01/2024
Anyone know the process to stain axon cladding

Building A New House

The most definitive answer to your question James is this taken from the James Hardie Axon Cladding Installation Guide - i just happen to have it…

25/08/2023
Material theft from site

General Discussion

Different to what others have said but thanks for that insight.

15/12/2023
Suitable material for build up around slab

Building A New House

Not recommended! The image presented is for a sublevel area. The footings are down deep with a load bearing wall supporting the upper floor level. If you did that drain…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum