Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Insurance for gas log heater during build

Page 1 of 1
Hi all - we’ve just hit lockup on our new build and our awesome builder has let us install our gas log fire now. The fire is outside of the builder’s contract and therefore not covered by the builder’s insurance. Our supervisor has advised us to get our own insurance.
I’ve called our usual insurer and one other and both can’t insure it. Just wondering if anyone’s encountered this and how they got insurance?
Thanks so much
Winnieshome
Hi all - we’ve just hit lockup on our new build and our awesome builder has let us install our gas log fire now. The fire is outside of the builder’s contract and therefore not covered by the builder’s insurance. Our supervisor has advised us to get our own insurance.
I’ve called our usual insurer and one other and both can’t insure it. Just wondering if anyone’s encountered this and how they got insurance?
Thanks so much

My understanding is you need to have been issued a certificate of occupancy or you won't get buliding and/or contents insurance.
Benny123
Winnieshome
Thanks so much

My understanding is you need to have been issued a certificate of occupancy or you won't get buliding and/or contents insurance.

Hmm. There’s the challenge. As we’ll be 4-6 weeks til handover
Related
20/04/2024
Sealing Gas heater brevis underground duct

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi everyone Question about Brevis gas heating undergound - was recently installed by previous owners (<1 year old) but live in a relatively large house - 4 bdr - and only…

1/04/2024
How to repair old pine log fence/barrier?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi, I have an old fence/barrier made of treated pine logs bolted to plates and these are bolted to very large metal posts/girders. The plates and bolts are rusted through…

18/01/2024
Do I need an electrician to remove this wall heater?

General Discussion

Just wondering if this is hardwired or can I remove it myself?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum