Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Carlisle Homes Special Conditions and Contract Specification

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Does anyone have a copy of the Special Conditions and Contract Specifications that Carlisle employ? (Tolerances, building standards, waterproofing etc)

Not the contract itself.

Would anyone be willing to share their copy with me? Carlisle are so far very unwilling to provide me with a copy.

Thanks
astack
Hi,

Does anyone have a copy of the Special Conditions and Contract Specifications that Carlisle employ? (Tolerances, building standards, waterproofing etc)

Not the contract itself.

Would anyone be willing to share their copy with me? Carlisle are so far very unwilling to provide me with a copy.

Thanks

What does that tell you?

I asked my builder and they were more than happy to provide the details. Nothing sus in them. Many resulted in a more aesthetically pleasing outcome too.

They're probably trying to hide their waterproofing solution that will see you paying for a yearly inspection to maintain the warranty
Always check a contract for "Performance Solutions" (formerly known as Alternative Solutions) before signing.

Having a water resistant finish instead of waterproofing in wet areas is just one Performance Solution woven into a contract by many builders. Weaker mortar mix and recessed DPC (against brick manufacturers advice) are some other common ones.
Carlisle's contract also includes statements that deviate significantly from industry standards:

Check these threads:
Carlisle Contract Conditions: viewtopic.php?p=1881490#p1881490
Contracts: viewtopic.php?p=1870542#p1870542
Related
3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

24/04/2024
Carlisle Building Experience

Building A New House

Carlisle use to sneak a water resistant "Performance Solution" into their contracts. Have you checked your contract for same?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum