Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Unpopular Opinion - Brick Mortar Color

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

Not sure if i have the right lingo - but why is there such a massive difference between the color of the brick and the mortar - i really don't like the look of these houses. Sorry for the unpopular opinion (attached an example photo)

sjacob
Hi All

Not sure if i have the right lingo - but why is there such a massive difference between the color of the brick and the mortar - i really don't like the look of these houses. Sorry for the unpopular opinion (attached an example photo)

• When building, what other options are there for exteriors? Is there a big price difference?
  • If it has to be brick, what description can i give to a builder to say i want the color of the mortar to match the brick. I would much prefer a uniform look
  • What is a more modern look build material?

You’d really hate my feature brick wall then!

There are an abundance of cladding options: wood, tiles, render - or if you want to get really exxy then something like Venetian plaster.

Alternatively you can have any colour mortar - you just need to specify it.

AnjC

Alternatively you can have any colour mortar - you just need to specify it

Yes and no.

Yes if you're going custom. No of you're going volume.

Volume builders typically give two options. Natural/grey and off white (which they eff up 90% of the time).
Related
8/05/2023
Opinion on Ensuite layout

Building A New House

Thanks for the suggestion. The space between shower and sinks was too tight. I agree about the toilet location. So I have tried two other options: The lower one is…

27/11/2023
Opinion about Ceiling Moisture

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

these look like missing batts. Go up and take a look. But yeah moisure meter is a completely different tool

20/06/2023
San Selmo Reclaimed Original - Mortar Joint

Building A New House

Hi, I am planning to select San Selmo reclaimed original for the fascade of my build. I have seen many photos on line of the brick varying from a rustic to a neat finish.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum