Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

MJH Hermitage Flooring

Page 1 of 1
I'm looking at building the MJH Hermitage Grande after falling in love with it at Thornton.

I am well aware that the display home consists of 110% upgrades but would like to get idea of pricing for the flooring. We are just at the looking stage but are very worried of exceeding the 600K budget. From what I have found online a large portion of people recommend installing their own flooring 'after handover'.

How much does it cost to have the dark floors, same as/or as similar as possible to the Thornton display? Done through MJH....
Same for the carpeting in the bedrooms, if anyone knows?

Can anyone share some comparison prices when organising their own flooring?

We are strongly considering having the hall to the garage done in whatever the display floor is as well. Is it a good idea to add it through the children's activity space as well? Leaving only the bedrooms, study and theatre space carpeted. My partner and I disagree on this point....
We are building the Hermitage Grande currently with all upgrades available . inc 5th Bedroom , Mud room etc
We opted for the exact flooring as in the Thornton house fitted by MJH , this cost was approx $30k
Bruce1
We are building the Hermitage Grande currently with all upgrades available . inc 5th Bedroom , Mud room etc
We opted for the exact flooring as in the Thornton house fitted by MJH , this cost was approx $30k

Great! They gave us a rough guide of 19k for flooring in our complimentary tender..... Not very accurate or helpful on their behalf! Is that flooring laminate or hybrid, do you know?

We're strongly considering doing flooring after handover
Flooring is hybrid and upgraded carpet so i guess you could do it for 20k on the lower end flooring .
We thought about getting the flooring done by others but did not like the idea of having to fit all the skirting boards and painting etc as MJH leave them off if there not fitting flooring.
Bruce1
Flooring is hybrid and upgraded carpet so i guess you could do it for 20k on the lower end flooring .
We thought about getting the flooring done by others but did not like the idea of having to fit all the skirting boards and painting etc as MJH leave them off if there not fitting flooring.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they actually offer as flooring options. It's all very secretive to me! Makes it difficult to actually form a budget when no one from MJH will give you any price or option lists without signing on the dotted line......
Rurallifestyle91
Bruce1

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they actually offer as flooring options. It's all very secretive to me! Makes it difficult to actually form a budget when no one from MJH will give you any price or option lists without signing on the dotted line......

Exactly same thoughts! It would have been so much easier if they offered options and costs early on, I feel people would add more upgrades because not knowing makes it worrying to committ and then not be able to fulfil and then they force you to decide on the spot during each appointment.
Related
6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum