Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Como Homes, Inspired homes and Oak Living

Page 1 of 3
Hi
I’m hoping someone can help us out at the moment. We are looking to build a new home and have friends who have just finished a build with Como Homes and couldn’t be happier. They had some issues during the sales process with Inspired homes but in the end they love the house.
Recently we decided to speak to Inspired who told us that they are no longer working together and have Oak Living building for them. The only problem (which is a missive one) is Oaks pricing is much higher and what they are offering isnt nearly as good as what our friends got only a 8 months back with Como/Inspired Not to mention we know people building with Oak Living who have had a slab sitting in the ground for 6months with still no frame which just scares us.

We are now strongly looking at Como Homes direct who are almost 20k cheaper then Inspired/Oak with better inclusions and i was wondering if anyone else is building within Como Homes directly and what they have experienced?
Gladly they are not working together, i know of 2 people who have built through Como Homes....they are happy with end product..

Avoid Inspired Homes if you can they are marketing/sales suite after you are done with them they don't care what happens next.

Just liaise directly with Como Homes.
Hi Ceddy_83.
Thank you for responding so quickly. This makes us feel a lot better about things especially when we had such an uneasy feeling about the whole “inspired now building with Oak Living”.
When we went to the Inspired Display home we couldn’t believe how good the house was and felt so comfortable with Como Homes and the quality of the build. So you can imagine how worried we where when told that Inspired where now working with Oak Living and also 20k more expensive.
I will touch base directly with Como Homes and see what they say and keep this posted.
Thanks again Ceddy.
Couldn’t agree more with Ceddy_83.

We started out with Inspired and it caused us nothing but grief. Spoke to them on multiple occasions about our needs and budget and were assured they could assist us. We purchased our block on the basis of those assurances. As soon as we got to the point of handing over to the builder we got a call out of the blue saying it’d now be $70k more than quoted.

Have now signed with Como Direct and couldn’t be happier. In three weeks we’ve got a complete redesign and contracts signed. The team at Como have been responsive and genuinely thoughtful about all the little details in designing our home. Our experience with Inspired however was essentially ‘take it or leave it’. We now have a better design, with more inclusions and I’d conservatively estimate that it’s saved us at least $30k.

Definitely recommend getting in touch with Emma at Como!
Hi KimN.
We spoke with Como Homes a little over a week ago and what you have said reflects our experience to date.
From the first call we felt like they cared about us which was just so nice compared to our feelings when we spoke to Inspired Homes (cheap car salesman approach).
It’s so far so good and we cant wait to see what Como Homes come up for our design.
Avoid Inspired Homes and Evolve living, if you can..the stress and heartaches are not worth it all.
Where do you think the ex car salesman end up after all the yards close down... selling new homes
Make sure you get the free tinting and mats thrown in with the fake front elevation renderings (humour)
hth
StructuralBIMGuy
Where do you think the ex car salesman end up after all the yards close down... selling new homes
Make sure you get the free tinting and mats thrown in with the fake front elevation renderings (humour)
hth

That's a good one.. LOL.
StructuralBIMGuy
hth

It’s funny you say that. Our friends have cancelled in the last few weeks with inspired after their terrible experience and what you said is correct as the salesman was just telling them anything to get the deal. But the truth came out and it was all rubbish from Inspired. its now a lot of wasted time and it’s left a sour taste in their mouth to the point they are now looking to build established.
We have dodged a bullet not building with them but it seems like a lot of other people are dealing with issues with Inspired and their “car salesman” ways.
Nothing a builder's salesperson says has any relevance or legal standing later unless its documented in the contract or, in some cases, elsewhere in writing.
AandNnewhome
StructuralBIMGuy
hth

We have dodged a bullet not building with them but it seems like a lot of other people are dealing with issues with Inspired and their “car salesman” ways.

The builders insulate themselves by getting car salesman to do the dirty work (sign em up), unfortunately there is no appetite by builders, lobby interest groups and governments to regulate the salesman/builders contracts.
The numbers of battlers pulling out are staggering, this year it's estimated at 50%.
OT, Don't get sucked in with fake house renderings, lack of data transparency, marketing BS, free giveaways, etc
change won't come until the industry near collapses. my2c
Thanks structuralBIMguy.
I think that’s what ultimately why we signed with Como over Inspired.
They made the pointed to us how bad the industry is and how builders use sales teams as a front. They even asked us the question of why we would build with a sales person lol.
It seems like such an issue for so many people with so many sales people doing anything to get a deal across the line.
I couldnt agree more with you about transparency comment and in our case we thankfully can say that is what we have had from Como till this point and fingers crossed thing keep going that way.
Hi There,

I was wondering if you can share the build cost per sqm for Como Homes. I have someone who is really interest in going custom route.
Ceddy_83
Hi There,

I was wondering if you can share the build cost per sqm for Como Homes. I have someone who is really interest in going custom route.

Thanks//
Moses

Hi there Moses.
Ummmm I think I have worked it out correctly 🤗 maths isn’t my strength.
We are Building a 35sq which came to 15000 a square but I’m not sure how much that means in the scheme of things as we upgraded a lot of things. I can only really compare things to my experience but whatever you do stay away from inspired homes. Thier sales person tried to get us to sign with his new builder who where 50k more expensive then Como and offering way less….. not sure how that works but that what he wanted us to do. As for Como, they have been fantastic and i highly recommend them.
Hope that helps 👍
AandNnewhome
Ceddy_83
Hi There,

Thanks//
Moses

Hi there Moses.
Ummmm I think I have worked it out correctly 🤗 maths isn’t my strength.
We are Building a 35sq which came to 15000 a square but I’m not sure how much that means in the scheme of things as we upgraded a lot of things. I can only really compare things to my experience but whatever you do stay away from inspired homes. Thier sales person tried to get us to sign with his new builder who where 50k more expensive then Como and offering way less….. not sure how that works but that what he wanted us to do. As for Como, they have been fantastic and i highly recommend them.
Hope that helps 👍

Too bad some of us got caught in that trap.
LET THE BUYER BEWARE OF COMO HOMES

I’m sorry to say this but they are not what they seem,

Yes they pulled the pin on inspired but they themselves are horrendous

I will never recommend them, I will never build with them again, and those that trust them…. Beware

Contract everything….. and ensure there is more than $250 /week for running over time frames…

I get the industry is tough and there is good and bad out there in any company however no communication promised a million things and delivered zero… still waiting for our handover and it’s costing us more $$$ than ever… you save at the start that’s their promise but I assure you it will cost in the long run.

Feel free to reach out and come take a tour of our hell hole..
Bwyld061083
LET THE BUYER BEWARE OF COMO HOMES

I’m sorry to say this but they are not what they seem,

Yes they pulled the pin on inspired but they themselves are horrendous

I will never recommend them, I will never build with them again, and those that trust them…. Beware

Contract everything….. and ensure there is more than $250 /week for running over time frames…

I get the industry is tough and there is good and bad out there in any company however no communication promised a million things and delivered zero… still waiting for our handover and it’s costing us more $$$ than ever… you save at the start that’s their promise but I assure you it will cost in the long run.

Feel free to reach out and come take a tour of our hell hole..

Hi, sorry to hear about how you've been treated by Como. We're going through the exact same thing at the moment. Hand over was supposed to be weeks ago and they're still not done. Everything you describe is 100% true to us and we're interested to see where you're up to now. Where abouts was your build?
We're also having trouble with como. Would love to see the finishes at your home, because we are extremely disappointed with the workmanship at our build.
Hi, we have same experience with Como. Hand over is delayed for more than 6 weeks now. Workship is not impressive. Need to chase up loads of defects identified from private inspector. Site supervisor is good but not some of their contractors, especially roof tiles.
Anyone get their little compensation for building delay?
NX2020
Hi, we have same experience with Como. Hand over is delayed for more than 6 weeks now. Workship is not impressive. Need to chase up loads of defects identified from private inspector. Site supervisor is good but not some of their contractors, especially roof tiles.
Anyone get their little compensation for building delay?

Como went 11 weeks over with our build, that's on top of the 62 day extension we granted them. Most incompetent unproffessional builders and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Related
24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

15/11/2023
Kitchen living Dining

General Discussion

Can anyone suggest a house layout where the kitchen-dining - living runs the length across the rear of the house left to right where our best view will be we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum