Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Eden Brae Marina 42 MK2

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I am new here and first time contemplating a Knock Down Rebuild. We have decided on the Eden Brae Marina 42 MK2 as it fits our land and will meet our current and future needs.

I would like to hear about people's experience in building the EB Marina or just about working with EB. I have read some excellent contributions about the extra costs likely to be incurred and I am a bit worried as we want to keep the budget under tight control. Also, due to material shortages and possibly COVID, the base price of this house has dramatically increased and promotional discounts are likely to be discontinued.

I would also like to understand about the Hydraulic engineering costs in relation to storm water. Our existing house sits on an elevated site and the storm water is connected to the street. I have been told a number of storm water pits will need to be installed to slow the release of water? I thought a lot of this water would go into the rain water tank.

Hope to get some advice before we embark on this project.
TA_786
Hi All,

I am new here and first time contemplating a Knock Down Rebuild. We have decided on the Eden Brae Marina 42 MK2 as it fits our land and will meet our current and future needs.

I would like to hear about people's experience in building the EB Marina or just about working with EB. I have read some excellent contributions about the extra costs likely to be incurred and I am a bit worried as we want to keep the budget under tight control. Also, due to material shortages and possibly COVID, the base price of this house has dramatically increased and promotional discounts are likely to be discontinued.

I would also like to understand about the Hydraulic engineering costs in relation to storm water. Our existing house sits on an elevated site and the storm water is connected to the street. I have been told a number of storm water pits will need to be installed to slow the release of water? I thought a lot of this water would go into the rain water tank.

Hope to get some advice before we embark have on this project.

Hi , any update on this ?
We have received the preliminary sales estimate from EB on the Marina 42 MK2. It is much higher than I expected, however having gone through it, it includes items that we initially asked for but no longer see as being necessary. Also, our site is contributing to the higher costs due to the need for materials handling costs, traffic control and storm water detention and bush fire BAL ratings costs. I am not sure if the price on the sales estimate will end up being the final contract price. We are considering the Marina 39 Mk2 as the price difference $15k lower.

I would be interested to if others had an experience where the contract price is higher than the sales estimate?
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum