Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Carlisle Homes Build Contract

Page 1 of 1
We are in the process of building with Carlisle homes easy living. Its a double storey home of 35sq.

We liked their floor and display as such but I have a few questions and concerns that are driving me and my partner crazy all due to reading on forums around their contract specifications etc.

Before I go ahead and sign anything I would really appreciate some views from members here specially people who have built homes with Carlisle in the past.

- The general HIA contract they sent me is pretty standard and could find anything out of the ordinary there.

1. Has anyone taken it up with carlisle around the specs primarily waterproofing and deviations to australian building standards.
2. Any major issues that you have experienced because of the deviations mentioned or is it just poor workmanship that can happen with any volume builder in a specific case.
3. Is it worth involving a construction lawyer and have you had any success in getting some of the terms and specifications modified. If yes could you recommend a few good ones in melbourne.
4. When it comes to warranty I see they have 3 months of warranty to address construction defects but things like leaking roof etc can happen well after 1-2 years of handover. Is it a covered by the structural warranty?
Hey Aakit,

Did you have any luck on this topic?
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum