Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BAL Compliance

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Hoping someone may be able to help as builder is not being helpful at all on this new build.

Should all metal roofs be installed for 12.5 and beyond the way it is in Picture 2 or is Picture 1 compliant? Bradford have advised that all ridgelines, valleys and end of sheet above gutter should be blanketed/infilled to prevent 3mm gap and that the sarking is a secondary ember safeguard only?

CBHP

I just shot you an email with the answer. In my area I see quite a number of BAL rated homes built in the last few years with obvious non compliance issues that the certifiers havent picked up on. The problem in NSW is that Builders get to provide a certificate saying they have complied.

But I am talking obvious things like weepholes, metal screens, vent pipes, non fire rated front doors etc. Stuff you can see from the street. Who knows what they have or havent done with the insulation.

Anyway, good luck

Simeon
Ashington Homes
CBHP

I just shot you an email with the answer. In my area I see quite a number of BAL rated homes built in the last few years with obvious non compliance issues that the certifiers havent picked up on. The problem in NSW is that Builders get to provide a certificate saying they have complied.

But I am talking obvious things like weepholes, metal screens, vent pipes, non fire rated front doors etc. Stuff you can see from the street. Who knows what they have or havent done with the insulation.

Anyway, good luck

Simeon

Thanks for that very much appreciated.
Related
12/04/2024
BAL 29 uPVC windows compliance

General Discussion

Just remember that uPVC melts at 160 C.

4/07/2023
Roof Plumbing - no compliance certificate ?

General Discussion

For anyone that comes across this issue in the future - Just did what aussieta said and found a plumber to inspect it and sign off on it. Was difficult to find someone to…

15/08/2023
Building Design Certificate Non-Compliance

General Discussion

From a pure legal perspective, if you've signed the variation, it is a very high bar to have it set aside. No-one can give you legal advice on a forum, but you would need…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum