Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Preliminary plan agreement

Page 1 of 1
A couple days ago I signed a preliminary plan agreement, and after consideration I felt quite rushed into the process and don’t feel ready to go through with it. Am I allowed to stop the process from continuing?

(This was for a house and land package)

I was under the impression I could cancel at anytime prior to any serious contract signing but am not completely sure.

Please help!
Bendi1
A couple days ago I signed a preliminary plan agreement, and after consideration I felt quite rushed into the process and don’t feel ready to go through with it. Am I allowed to stop the process from continuing?

(This was for a house and land package)

I was under the impression I could cancel at anytime prior to any serious contract signing but am not completely sure.

Please help!

Bendi1

Our resident legal expert should be able to give you better advice, but generally there should be a 10 day cooling off period, I know in NSW this is the case.

Just double check the agreement and see if any cooling off period is mentioned, and if you are in NSW call fairtrading and ask what your rights are. If you're not in NSW call whoever the equivalent body is in your state.

All the best

Simeon
Related
1/05/2023
preliminary agreement deposit limit in NSW

Building A New House

In NSW the maximum deposit for building work is 5% until the builder provides HBCF insurance

14/09/2023
cancel prelim builder agreement

Building A New House

Hi All, We signed a prelim agreement last year (May 2022) and paid deposit to a builder. However, we didn't go ahead with them and never signed a contract. We ended going…

22/03/2024
Agreement violation

General Discussion

You need to respond to the Builder within 10 business day advising of your rejection of claim as per SoPA on a payment Schedule, Do not miss this deadline.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum