Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Which Home Builder provides best value & flexibility?

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

New member to homeone! I am looking to build our dream home with one of the many large home builders in Melbourne Victoria.

I'm currently looking at Metricon, Porter Davis and Henley Homes and am overwelled with who provides the best value.
Can anyone share their experience of who provides the best standard inclusions with their plans?

Many Thanks

Brooke
I think inclusions are all of really similar value and if you don't like a particular inclusion wait a few weeks and it will all change.

You can also get caught out if technolgy changes before the house is completed.

I paid a deposit for a new house in 2005 which included a free large screen TV.

When the house was finished in 2006 Flat Screens had taken over the market but they had bought a Cathode Ray TV when we paid the deposit so thats what we got.

The only large builder in Victoria I have experience with has been Metricon who were very flexible, the only thing they wouldn't change was the front facade.

Other than that they were happy to:
I haven't built with those builders but have looked into the all and I think it's pretty similar with volume builders. Look at their standard inclusions and what upgrades they offer and chose the plan that you like the most.
Brooke 13
Hi All,

New member to homeone! I am looking to build our dream home with one of the many large home builders in Melbourne Victoria.

I'm currently looking at Metricon, Porter Davis and Henley Homes and am overwelled with who provides the best value.
Can anyone share their experience of who provides the best standard inclusions with their plans?

Many Thanks

Brooke

might be worth looking at Kingsbridge Homes, they provide more flexibility then the bigger volume builders and at a very affordable price.
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

15/01/2024
Project builder - value for money

General Discussion

As a tradesmen get a private inspector although I don't think there worth it in their profession themselves the reminder they serve to the tradesmen doing the work is…

29/01/2024
Do floor to ceiling tiles ad much resale value

Building A New House

They make the room much easier to clean for one, reflect more light (if light colour tiles are used), and you dont end up with dust on the top edge of tiles (cause most…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum