Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New build - Water tank sited below house

Page 1 of 1
Hi folks,

First time builder here seeking some feedback from those far more experienced than I.

Our block has a reasonable slope (5 meter fall back to front over 55m) so the proposed design is similar to example 1 here: https://www.marklawlerarchitects.com.au ... ng-blocks/

The design has 3 x 20,000L water tanks below the house, sitting behind the garage.

Putting tanks under the house saves a lot of space, but I'm concerned about future complications should something fail.

From my perspective we'd need good access for routine maintenance and de-sludging. If one of the tanks were to fail (Which I'm told is highly unlikely) I can imagine it would be incredibly challenging to resolve.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Potentially I'm over thinking this.
Related
23/07/2023
Low head water tank

General Discussion

If you can calculate the reasonable charged head from let's say 100mm below the gutter to the top of where the vertical riser's horizontal discharge pipe will be, that…

15/01/2024
Slim line water tank and strange pipes

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Thank you for the generous offer. I need to get the plumber out to give me an explanation. As mentioned I haven't seen any rain water discharge from pipes 1& 3. It…

18/01/2024
Tap in rain water tank?

General Discussion

Can a plumber put a tap on a rain water tank which is full? Tank is similar to one in photo. Cheers.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum