Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a house on a steep sloping land in The Gap (QLD) wi

Page 1 of 1
Me and my partner have recently purchased some land in The Gap (QLD). It is a very steep slope and the highest point is where the land meets the road, so it slopes down from the road. The total slope is 8m from top of the land to the bottom and it slopes in increments rather than a consistent slope.

We settled on Fresh Homes after trying to find someone willing to build within a our budget. This is our first time building so we are trying our level best to do our research etc. Have read/heard good and bad reviews and have been given great advice aswell. Been trying to read up on here aswell!

We are building a single story on stilts and then in a few years when the budget allows we will build a second level below. Well thats the plan!

Just wanted any advice from people building on sloped land and also any advice from people who have built with Fresh Homes. They have been really good so far so hoping the experience is good! Essentially any advice would be great!

Thank you guys!
Related
2/04/2024
Building a flame zone house in West Pymble on a steep site

Building A New House

Hi All It has been a few weeks since my last update. The build has been progressing well. No major issues to report. The scaffolding was dropped today, gyprock will be…

11/09/2023
Building a Duplex on Sloping Block in a flood planning area

Building A New House

Give Jonathan a call. Tell him you know me. He is in my opinion the best surveyor I have ever worked with. His number is 0425 285 622 All the best Simeon

17/08/2023
Stairs gap

Building A New House

Got my stairs designed like this with 250mm Gap marked below. Gap is bec of 2 steps added between two landing area…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum