Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds standard range selection

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys.. we will be soon starting our build with simonds, wondering if they have good standard range for selection or you think I will end up spending more at gallery selection for roof, flooring, tiles, doors, tapware, vanities, etc? Roughly how much do you guys reckon I should be provisioning for gallery upgrades?
the standard range in most builder selections is trash. with the exception being some of the plain caeserstone selections. Lots of people like those because they still like the aesthetic of white kitchens etc.

you will basically want to upgrade most things as you go through the process as you'll find the limited options in base selections limited in style, colours and quality. low variation printed tiles, laminate floor that is barely water resistant, carpets that are like office carpet, fixtures that look like theyve come from bunnings etc.

Often things in the base range wont match, this is intentional so that if you go base something, you'll have to upgrade something else so it goes together.

Id plan around 20% on base price for modest upgrades up to 50% for a much nicer outcome. Depends what your budget is and what priorities you have for the areas you live in most. Also cooling is usually a gouge.
Most volume builders have a brochures of upgrades available. Just ask for it before coming to their selection centres. That would give you idea of whats available. Sometimes they dont have a particular item or brand that you may want to have in your house. But it all boils down to how much you want to pay
Related
24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

20/04/2024
Colour Selection: Comments / Feedback

Building A New House

I am building Enfield 201 by Mimosa Homes - York Facade Link: https://www.mimosahomes.com.au/new-homes/enfield-201/ I did my colour appointment last week. I am looking…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum