- ActronAir Platinum Que 21KW (3 phase) Ducted RCAC with 8 zones with individual thermostats. What is the cost to upgrade from the standard inclusion to this? And, may I ask why you are not choosing the Daikin system?
- Finger pulls on all cabinetry (cost surprised me!) Curious to know how much?
- Heat pump hot water system / 2000L Water tank I heard that you have to include the water tank if you opt for heat pump hot water system - is it true? Are you taking the Rinnai heat pump? How much do these 2 items cost you?
- Pre-wire for garden lights & electric front gate How much does this cost?
Thanks a lot!
Hey! Awesome! How have you found it so far?
1. This upgrade is easily the biggest for us. Just under $28k! The Daikin came in at about $16.5k. I chose the ActronAir system because of the functionality behind its zone control, better efficiency (input to output Kw ratio) and the ability to work at just 20% capacity for even better efficiency when conditioning 1 or 2 rooms. Efficiency is very important in the long run for us with the house being fully electric. Designed, fabricated, built in Australia, and built to deal with our climates. Another bonus is the outdoor compressor unit discharges vertically, so it doesn't create a sauna in the side of your house
2. I think it ended up coming up to like 3k for the entire house. About 2k for the kitchen alone! I was like, it costs me this much to remove handles!?!? haha. It's because they have to cut each panel with a 45 degree angle to allow for the finger pulls I suspect. Still, blew my mind.
3. Originally I wanted a different heat pump hot water system, but unfortunately TA doesn't supply anything other than the Rinnai. I did opt for the 315L version though. The heatpump upgrade itself wasn't much, about $500. The water tank was the killer, over $5k for it. The tank is needed to reach 6 star energy rating because of the removal of the solar HWS, because for some reason, building regulations (which are outdated imo) don't recognise the heat pump system as an eco-friendly option, when it is actually very enviro friendly and efficient. I find this so silly as Heat pump hot water systems get a government rebate in the "Solar water heater" category.. haha.
4. This technically isn't a full prewire - more like outdoor GPO's that the landscaper can tap into when doing the garden lights/gate. We also asked the outdoor GPO to be able to be shut off by a switch inside the house, which would mean we could turn the garden lights on/off from inside. This was about $200 for the outdoor GPO.
Hopefully that helps! Happy to answer anything else
Do you know what maximum % of the house the ActronAir Platinum Que 21KW unit heats and cools at the same time?