Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Tile Selection

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Doing a new build with the house currently under construction. Since we are doing our own tiles, our builder wants to know the thickness of the tiles we will be putting in before the staircase goes in. Looking for tile store recommendations for marble look porcelain rectified polished tiles. Has anyone used China-made tiles from Beaumont Tiles or anywhere else and can comment on their durability, stain resistance etc. Also looking for a good tiler with reasonable price who can do large rectified tiles.
Thanks
Kumz
Hi,
Doing a new build with the house currently under construction. Since we are doing our own tiles, our builder wants to know the thickness of the tiles we will be putting in before the staircase goes in. Looking for tile store recommendations for marble look porcelain rectified polished tiles. Has anyone used China-made tiles from Beaumont Tiles or anywhere else and can comment on their durability, stain resistance etc. Also looking for a good tiler with reasonable price who can do large rectified tiles.
Thanks

Hi Kumz

Where are you located?

If you're in Sydney I can thrown a couple of good tile places your way

Cheers

Simeon
Hi, building in Oran Park.
Kumz
Hi, building in Oran Park.

kumz,

perfect!

Call either John or Roger at Amber Tiles Liverpool. 9821 1133. My business partner Imad does most of our buying so Just drop his name to Roger and you will get looked after).

They are super helpful, have great prices and are willing to negotiate. Most of our clients go there and they love the service and prices.

You can definitely negotiate the asking prices and if they have a pallet of specials out the back you can often get amazing prices.

for instance, I am paving the side of my house and last week they offered me a pallet of silver travertine for $62/sqm which is crazy cheap

Anyway good luck with your build

Cheers

Simeon
Kumz, you could also look at Manago tiles in McGraths Hill. We bought all our tiles there supply and laid. We got a pretty good price and they had a good range.
Related
24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

20/04/2024
Colour Selection: Comments / Feedback

Building A New House

I am building Enfield 201 by Mimosa Homes - York Facade Link: https://www.mimosahomes.com.au/new-homes/enfield-201/ I did my colour appointment last week. I am looking…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum