Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Brick quantities for new home

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I am trying to find out brick quantities for my house.

I know the basic 50 brick per sqm rule for common house brick, however, can anyone tell me if there's any usual practice or certain % of total brick rule to find out bricks for sills, lintels, corners, half-bond, solids, cored etc. Do i need to use specific brick for these locations or cored brick is fine?

Also what is the type of brick usually used at bottom course touching ground slab and at top course touching roof frame?
Hey mmn Welcome to the forum
Generally above and below windows, door sills where they can be seen should all be solids
also check with the brickie
width mm /240mm = no of bricks.
If your house was designed using 3D Bim the Quantities can be extracted
3D BIM Brick quantities always wise to double check also read/follow the engineering notes under masonry
StructuralBIMGuy
Hey mmn Welcome to the forum
Generally above and below windows, door sills where they can be seen should all be solids
also check with the brickie
width mm /240mm = no of bricks.
If your house was designed using 3D Bim the Quantities can be extracted
3D BIM Brick quantities always wise to double check also read/follow the engineering notes under masonry

Hey StructuralBIMGuy

Thanks a lot!
Related
1/10/2023
Pest Proofing Ventilation gaps in brick veneer home

General Discussion

Brass fly wire, you will need to cut it, shape it and jam it into brick slots

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

19/08/2023
New home

Building A New House

Skjm You might want to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKx-bsOr2jg If that link doesn't work go to youtube and search for Zac Homes ACA I am really…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum