Looking for some advice about doing a roof over my deck.
I have looked through the exempt development details for NSW however I still have few questions
As show in the images I already have an alfresco area that has top floor on it (not roof but there is a room upstairs on it) and it is 12.5 in size. It was approved along with the house plans. I want to extend that covering the area marked in green. The total area in green accounts for 25sqm
my questions are:
1. The exempt development guidelines say:
- not have an area of more than 25m²
- not cause the total floor area of all such structures on the lot to be more than: [ul]
- for a lot larger than 300m2 - 15 per cent of the ground floor area of the dwelling on the lot; or
- for a lot 300m2 or less - 25m2
Our block is 337sqm and should I look at 25sqm or should I look at my plan the total ground floor area including porch, exisiting alfresco and garage being 135.1sqm and 15% of that which will be 20sqm as the total area of decking I could have
2. Also for the allowed floor area should I factor the alfresco that is already there and only build to allow the rest to make it up to 25sqm or the area I get based on #1 calculation?
3. Also if you can wee in my full ground floor plan there is a small pillar area near the entrance to the house that is covered with a roof and it is about 1.5- 2 sqm. we are thinking of doing a deck to cover that area and have2 balcony chairs as it is the north facing side of the house from where we get sun. Would there be an issue from council on building this one?
4. Also for the new roof the guy who is going to do it is going to but roof sotrm water on the roof of the rumpus roof (roof will be a flyover roof) and will increase the gutter size of the rumpus room gutter to allow for additional water. Could there be an issue from council?
We have got quotes for the full roof area and an insulated roof with electrical etc is going to cost about 9.5k and are keen to understand the issues before spending the money