Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Doulton 50 with Metricon

Page 1 of 3
Hi, We are planning to build Doulton 50 with Metricon in the Western suburb of Melbourne. We have paid the deposit to lock the price. I am told the colour selection can happen in Aug, Contract by the end of Aug and construction by Oct. I was told Doulton 50 might take around 5 months. Before we, we proceed further wanted to know if these dates are realistic based on the experiences you may have gone through with Metricon.
We were also checking with Carlisle homes for a 49 sq home, and we were promised that construction could start in October and April handover if the deposit is paid in the next few days.
Hi. We also talked to Metricon today. Do you mind sharing the quote which they have given you?
Is that 5 months to start construction? With all the building activity, don't forget the planning permits can take a while too!
Sparkyf
Is that 5 months to start construction? With all the building activity, don't forget the planning permits can take a while too!

No, we were told 5 for the entire construction. Was told colour selection, contract and finance can be done by Oct.
HomeMelbourne
Hi. We also talked to Metricon today. Do you mind sharing the quote which they have given you?

at the moment the estimate is around 600K.
Our base price in Oct 2019 was 477,700.
Sparkyf

I have been following your posts to see your home is progressing. How much was the construction period promised to you? Did you go with refrigerated cooling?
Sparkyf

The base price quoted is $500,400 inclusive of the 10K promo package.
prash
Sparkyf

Thank You, Can I message you?
HomeMelbourne
prash
Sparkyf

Sure, we are only just past slab stage, frame is not finished yet.
I think an October start is a bit fanciful. Sounds like bait. But to be honest, you're going to get the same bait from all the builders. I'd not count on being in the place in less than 12 months
HomeMelbourne
prash
Sparkyf

Sure.
prash
Sparkyf

I have been following your posts to see your home is progressing. How much was the construction period promised to you? Did you go with refrigerated cooling?

356 days building period, 260 days of actual building work.

We did change to reverse cycle refrigerated air con. They give a refund on the ducted gas heating. We are having 10 zones, and that was cheaper than adding air con to the ducted gas heating system.

Because of the size it requires three phase power also, something else to keep in mind if you don't want split systems everywhere, along with multiple compressors!
Getting there slowly!
Sparkyf
prash
Sparkyf

We did change to reverse cycle refrigerated air con. They give a refund on the ducted gas heating. We are having 10 zones, and that was cheaper than adding air con to the ducted gas heating system.

Because of the size it requires three phase power also, something else to keep in mind if you don't want split systems everywhere, along with multiple compressors!

Are you going with reverse cycle with the builder or post handover ?
With builder. How big is the box in the roof? At least it will all be complete when we move in!
Sparkyf
prash
Sparkyf

do you remember how much Metricon charged you?
25K for 16 zone Daikin reverse cycle ducted split system, and 3K back for the gas ducted heating that it replaces.
Sparky and Prash:

Any reason why you guys didnt take up the 9K aircon offer from metricon?
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum