Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

new home build - variations out of pocket

Page 1 of 1
hello,
i am starting a new build with metricon. the HIA contract was initially signed and I have come upto a 50k of variations on top of the initial contract. The bank had approved my loan on the initial contract. So I am planning to spend the variations out of pocket. My question is that Metricon is going to ask payments in stages 5%, 20%, 20%, 25%, 20%, 10%. Can I plan to send the variations in these stages too ? (i understand that this is a question for my lender, and i am planning to ask them). I wanted to check if anyone had paid variations in stages.

The reason for the ask, is I understand the lender would want to exhaust my cash before they pay. And I agree to do this for the original contract and not for the variations. Any comments ?
All of my variations stated which stage they had to be paid in.

Most were in the fixing stage, but a couple were at the slab stage.

Check the variation document and see if it states anything.
The HIA contract states that a variation "...must be paid for with the next progress payment, except that any credit to the Owner will be deducted from the Final Payment."
Spazzen
All of my variations stated which stage they had to be paid in.

Most were in the fixing stage, but a couple were at the slab stage.

Check the variation document and see if it states anything.

thank you.
Wolfgang Cash
The HIA contract states that a variation "...must be paid for with the next progress payment, except that any credit to the Owner will be deducted from the Final Payment."

thank you.
Related
1/04/2024
Unsigned variations after a new home is completed

Building A New House

Any advice on a builder in NSW who is demanding an extra 22000k after the house is completed and contract paid in full .Standard HIA contract. Never received a variation.…

11/09/2023
New Construction variations after completing works

Building A New House

I can help you with all that, you can PM me with details if you wish

23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum