Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

NOTICE OF PCI

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

As title says. I have PCU coming up on the 4th June and my site supervisor has advised he has done his "Supervisor PCI" and marked out all errors and markups to be fixed which will be rectified by the time we have ours (There was a bit of blue tape through the house.)

My question is what should I be looking for?

I know to be looking for

Any assistance or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks J
Dont be distracted by the bits of blue tape on minor blemishes that can be fixed with one brush stroke. This is a trick. Check the walls, ceilings, floors ,corners, bulkheads etc are staight and level... Same for brickwork windows and doors. Check the ceiling for backblocking and insulation. Check all works comply wirh the australian standards and tolerances in your state fair trading guide.
There are some hints at this link:

https://anewhouse.com.au/2020/06/practi ... -12-hints/
Bring some basic measuring tools; a good torch, 2 metre straight edge, window packers, carpenters square, small spirit level, inspection mirror, ruler, stepladder, power point tester. Practice using them first.
Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum