Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Blacktown NSW KDR with King Homes

Page 2 of 2
King Homes Quote is looking competitive. Now I need to understand customers who are building and had built their feedback and the level of their inclusions as compared to some standard builders like WISDOM
So after some wait and administrative work, we got our approval from private certifier. A site supervisor has been appointed as well for our project. No contact from him but I expect some feedback soon. A fence has gone up around our property and the slab is supposed to be poured soon.

Hows the process so far with KH? did you experience a lot of variations from tender stage?
So more progress it seems. The slab has been poured. Despite the rains and all, I hope it has been cured.

Last week I saw the foam being out in as well. So the pictures are progression from putting foam in to completely covered and poured.

ManDam
So more progress it seems. The slab has been poured. Despite the rains and all, I hope it has been cured.

Last week I saw the foam being out in as well. So the pictures are progression from putting foam in to completely covered and poured.

Can you share details of your cut & fill (in MM) and the class of the slab you have ?

Looks pretty flat (excellent !!) & almost double layering of slabs from slab photos - hence curious…
So the framing of the house is done. The next step would be the bricks and tiling. The house is taking shape and a life of its own.

King homes have promised to deliver by April so lets see if they live up to their promise.

ManDam
So the framing of the house is done. The next step would be the bricks and tiling. The house is taking shape and a life of its own.

King homes have promised to deliver by April so lets see if they live up to their promise.

So how is the experience with King so far?
Venkata
ManDam

So how is the experience with King so far?

Too early to say TBH. Lots of factors in the mix right now. The framing is finished and the next step is brick laying and tiling. At completion of this stage, an inspection will be done on the house. The quality of installation will be evaluated at this stage.

We signed the contract in March 2021 and the house is still not near the finish line. If it can be delivered by April, I would say that will be a good outcome.
Just a quick update. King homes have been trying to locate brickies but been having trouble doing it. Had a bunch of brickies come by and back away at the last moment. This along with the rain means our project is falling behind. So they are going to do a reverse build doing the internals first and then doing the bricks. King homes has assured that this will not impact quality of the build. The gyprocking is scheduled to start soon and be completed within 2 weeks.

They have also wrapped the structure in sarking to protect the house from rain and other elements. It only allows air to pass through. We also decided to go with sound proofing of the home theater and 2 master bedrooms. The insulation being used is the bradford soundscreen.
So more progress on the building site. We have the bricks and internals done. The tiling is done as well so we are the final stage now.

We had a change of project manager but no impact on build progress.

So our house is in final finishing stages with carpets being put in and driveway being poured. We are expecting handover in the next 4 weeks.

We are trying to schedule some electrical work in our house before handover so that the move in can be smooth. Downlights, ethernet ports, security cameras, stuff like that. Builder is saying that electrical contractor will walk off if we schedule works with some other electrical contractor while build is in progress.
Lets talk to them and see how it pans out. Threats and blackmails don't really sit well with me.
So the day is finally close. We are getting the handover for the house on September 9th. We had the practical completion walkthrough and some defects were picked up. Nothing out of the ordinary though. Excited about moving in and finally living here.

how do you rate KH after its all said and done?
Generally it was decent job. We are still settling in so opinions will firm as we go along. The general build quality and finishing is what you would expect. We did inspection at different stages of the house and there were no comments.

One of the issues we are facing is drainage at the side of the house. We have been trying to solve that with King home but its been slow going.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum