Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone Built with Langford Jones (Melbourne)?

Page 1 of 6
Hi all,

We have seen a few of the Langford Jones homes builds around the area, and wondering if anyone has any dealings with them?

Any concerns (significant)
We are thinking about going with them as they seem to be more customer focused compared to the big ones (M, PD, etc)

Thanks all

Jerry
[quote="EvryThingIsNormal":3hh61un3]Hi all,

We have seen a few of the Langford Jones homes builds around the area, and wondering if anyone has any dealings with them?

We are thinking about going with them as they seem to be more customer focused compared to the big ones (M, PD, etc)

Thanks all

Jerry[/quote:3hh61un3]

I built with them. Like every sale all is fabulous until you pay the last build instalment. Discovered leaks down the track. I got the polite run around that the issues were fixed-time & time again. That is if they bother getting back to you. 5 years later from discovering the leaks & an independent roof plumbing report shows non compliant work that was signed off on by plumber who did not do the work. The builder knew about this as the plumber spoke with them re the non compliance. So all these certificates of compliance really mean nothing. Builder refuses to fix the non compliance work& subsequent damage& is going along with the stall tactics.
Langford Jones build nice homes but make sure it is completely finished before paying as difficult to get defect list completed.
[quote="EvryThingIsNormal"]Hi all,

Thanks all

Jerry[/quote
EvryThingIsNormal
Hi all,

Thanks all

Jerry

Wouldn't recommend, Paul will harrass you non stop. He promised to look after my disabled mum and get her house built and we're still in a rental with a vacant block now and pretty much no option but to sell the lot.
I'm currently building with them - its been great up until we signed the contract and we are only at the beginning. DO NOT have any provisional amounts in your contract - no matter what they say especially drainage. They will blame everything on Covid and take no responsibility
I'm currently building with them - its been great up until we signed the contract and we are only at the beginning.
EvryThingIsNormal
Hi all,

Thanks all

cherylc
I'm currently building with them - its been great up until we signed the contract and we are only at the beginning. DO NOT have any provisional amounts in your contract - no matter what they say especially drainage. They will blame everything on Covid and take no responsibility

My sister signed contract over a year ago and they have only just started building.
Vek Rai
\"EvryThingIsNormal":3hh61un3
Hi all,

Thanks all

Jerry[/quote:3hh61un3]

I built with them. Like every sale all is fabulous until you pay the last build instalment. Discovered leaks down the track. I got the polite run around that the issues were fixed-time & time again. That is if they bother getting back to you. 5 years later from discovering the leaks & an independent roof plumbing report shows non compliant work that was signed off on by plumber who did not do the work. The builder knew about this as the plumber spoke with them re the non compliance. So all these certificates of compliance really mean nothing. Builder refuses to fix the non compliance work& subsequent damage& is going along with the stall tactics.

EvryThingIsNormal
Hi all,

Thanks all

Jerry

have personally not dealt with them. Did you end up building through them? if yes or no - how did it go?

-----------------------------------------
Justin Marques
Accredited Mortgage Broker
________
SpeC Finance Mortgage Broker
https://www.specfinance.com.au/
https://www.specfinance.com.au/construction-loans
cherylc
I'm currently building with them - its been great up until we signed the contract and we are only at the beginning.

Hi there. How is your build going? Have you received PCV for time over runs. Have you received your BP? Regards
ALLAN
Alltad
cherylc

Hi there. How is your build going? Have you received PCV for time over runs. Have you received your BP? Regards
ALLAN

I know someone that signed a contract with them Christmas before last and it’s now finally at frame stage
We signed the contract last June. Still no BP. Just worried they are going to go broke.
ldsklkdl
Debbiep6625
Alltad
cherylc

ALLAN

I know someone that signed a contract with them Christmas before last and it’s now finally at frame stage

Hello to any Langford customers. We signed a contract to build in mid 2020. We are now approaching 2 years since contract and Langford will not communicate or provide any completion time frame. I am interested to discuss options if anyone is interested.
Have you started your build yet. When did you get your BP?
We signed contract mid 2020 and were told to move out and demolish. The Building Permit was issues just within the 120 days allowed in the contract. We are still waiting for the build to finish. There have been no trades onsite since November and we have no idea when the build will finish.
Where are you building
Alltad
Where are you building

we are building in East Bentleigh - happy to connect
Related
23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum