Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Base price vs final cost price

Page 1 of 1
Hi

We are starting the process of building a new home and really trying to get an idea of what to expect on cost. Interesting in finding out recent experiences of what your base price was vs the final cost. Would be helpful to know what builder/house design and any upgrades.

Thanks
Pk4975
Hi

We are starting the process of building a new home and really trying to get an idea of what to expect on cost. Interesting in finding out recent experiences of what your base price was vs the final cost. Would be helpful to know what builder/house design and any upgrades.

Thanks

We went from a base price of approx. $270K (including site costs) to $385K.

Added 80sqm of size to the house plus many many upgrades.

Post handover we still will need to do blinds, driveway and ducted a/c so i guess add another 20-40K on top of that.
We are building in Perth with WA Country Builders

We were somewhat similar. We went from $220k including earth works to $310k. The jump was because of more expensive earthworks than initially thought, council bungle that resulted in $20k worth of upgrades to get to 7 star energy efficiency, pre-start.

We still have to do curtains, a/c, solar panels, aggregate driveway, water tank, interior painting. So still quite a bit more to do post hand over.
Pk4975
Hi

Thanks

The best thread I have read on this forum was by a gentleman who built with Clarendon and gives a really good breakdown of all the costs and upgrades.See link below:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=97742&view=unread#unread
Monty85
Pk4975
Hi

Thanks

We went from a base price of approx. $270K (including site costs) to $385K.

Added 80sqm of size to the house plus many many upgrades.

Post handover we still will need to do blinds, driveway and ducted a/c so i guess add another 20-40K on top of that.[/quote

Thanks, do you mind me asking who you built with and the house design?
Pk4975
Thanks, do you mind me asking who you built with and the house design?

We're building with New Living Homes.

The design we started with was the Ivy 5 but as we have modified it quite a bit it was priced to us as a custom design.

It's more or less that layout though, just bigger.
SejaeD
Pk4975
Hi

Thanks

The best thread I have read on this forum was by a gentleman who built with Clarendon and gives a really good breakdown of all the costs and upgrades.See link below:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=97742&view=unread#unread

a thread that didn't see any further updates, was it ever built?
Pk4975
Hi

Thanks

i asked these sames questions in the initial stages of search for a builder and found that you're better off getting estimates from your top three builders and see if it's within your budget.

where are you building and who are you planning to build with?

Sydney KDR

base price: $446k
current tender: $587k
Related
3/05/2023
Preparing a court base

General Discussion

I've filled, levelled and compacted around 100mm of roadbase in preparation to lay some outdoor court tiles. Prior to doing the final compaction, I dusted the top with…

11/12/2023
POLYMARBLE shower base

Bathrooms and Laundry

I have seen poly marble shower bases last in excess of 30 years

20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum