Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Lumiere

Page 1 of 2
Hi Guys

We are planning to build Lumiere signature series home in Melbourne. I would like to know if anyone has build the Lumiere home before. any ideas on floor plans , inclusions or upgrades are welcome.

Thank you
fatboy1
Hi Guys

We are planning to build Lumiere signature series home in Melbourne. I would like to know if anyone has build the Lumiere home before. any ideas on floor plans , inclusions or upgrades are welcome.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm building the Lumiere in NSW. How is your build going?

Thank you

- AJ
We started well, later realized that the house will encroach on the building envelop. Now we are trying to amend the envelop , negotiating with the council through a town planner.

What about you. Have you made any changes to the base plan.

Thank you
Oh! That's bad. Hope it works out with the council.

Yes, we did mention a few changes. It's been about 2 months now. Waiting for preliminary contract drawings and price. Then it comes to sitting down with the Metricon person and make changes to drawings, if required. Then we've to book appointment with Studio M for selections. This is what they've informed us.

What about you. Did you make changes to the base plan?

It's a big house, isn't it. We're apparently the first ones in NSW to do it. Has this been done in Melbourne before? Seems like a new plan to me. The only picture is the lovely facade.
ajzmjd

Yes, we did mention a few changes. It's been about 2 months now. Waiting for preliminary contract drawings and price. Then it comes to sitting down with the Metricon person and make changes to drawings, if required. Then we've to book appointment with Studio M for selections. This is what they've informed us.

It's a big house, isn't it. We're apparently the first ones in NSW to do it. Has this been done in Melbourne before? Seems like a new plan to me. The only picture is the lovely facade.

I was told 1 or2 houses been build in Melbourne, few months ago a display Lumiere was being built not sure when they might complete.

We made few changes, basically added another room between stairs and living in ground floor, this lead to some changes in room dimensions and another room in first floor between Bed 1 and Bed 4.

This is a big house.

Let me know how you going and what changes to planning. I just received an email from town planner, need to look at it.

Take care
Sure. Will do. Hopefully, by next week. Good luck.
fatboy1
ajzmjd

I was told 1 or2 houses been build in Melbourne, few months ago a display Lumiere was being built not sure when they might complete.

We made few changes, basically added another room between stairs and living in ground floor, this lead to some changes in room dimensions and another room in first floor between Bed 1 and Bed 4.

This is a big house.

Let me know how you going and what changes to planning. I just received an email from town planner, need to look at it.

Take care

Hi,

How are things going at your end?

Finally signed the contract and paid 10% Deposit in Oct 2021. 5 different appointments in Nov with Studio M.

Kitchen / Electricals / Tiles -> Not directly related to Studio M -> done.

Have been waiting on Externals since Nov 3rd. " Estimating " is their answer. Internals have not been submitted coz they do only one by one. So slow and a lot of mistakes.

Only after externals, we can go to DA.

Is this how it is at your area. So inefficient.

Regards
this process is designed to gouge you and maintain margins. I look forward to hearing your horror stories
[quote="ajzmjd":3f987mf1][quote="fatboy1":3f987mf1][quote="ajzmjd":3f987mf1]Oh! That's bad. Hope it works out with the council.

It's a big house, isn't it. We're apparently the first ones in NSW to do it. Has this been done in Melbourne before? Seems like a new plan to me. The only picture is the lovely facade.[/quote:3f987mf1]

This is a big house.

Take care[/quote:3f987mf1]
Hi,

How are things going at your end?

Finally signed the contract and paid 10% Deposit in Oct 2021. 5 different appointments in Nov with Studio M.

Kitchen / Electricals / Tiles -> Not directly related to Studio M -> done.

Have been waiting on Externals since Nov 3rd. " Estimating " is their answer. Internals have not been submitted coz they do only one by one. So slow and a lot of mistakes.

Only after externals, we can go to DA.

Is this how it is at your area. So inefficient.

Regards[/quote:3f987mf1]

Their office team is incredibly slow, and they have no care for you as a customer (in my experience, but have a browse and you'll find similar stories). And nonane said, good luck.
If you're curious, have a look through my posts.
Metricon's business model prioritises expenditure on marketing and sales activity and woefully under resources planning, construction, and warranty period maintenance. Spare a thought for their poor overstressed workers in these functions. The resulting customer experience is sloppy planning, lengthy delays, minimal supervision of construction, defective works, and avoidance of contractual and warranty obligations. Fluffy advertising, 'managed' online 5 star reviews, beautiful display homes, and slick salespeople bely a poor value finished product. Buyer beware!
Very true.

Pre-site Manager called 2 days ago. I just lost the plot. BLASTED him left / right / centre. I told him I don't care and I will go to the end to get my 5% deposit back if this is how it's going to be. He just kept apologising.

I also called the Stuido M Manager and gave her a piece of my mind. Her apologises were more than the PSM.

Seems like they are trained to say that.

After that spoke to the Salesperson at Trinity Point and told her we are thinking of stopping it here. She was upset with all that has happened and informed that she is sending all my emails to the Regional Manager.

A gimmick, I guess. Lets see.
We are well behind, still at planning stage as we wanted some changes.

Do not know how our project will enfold.
Hope both of ours come out well & good in time.

I'll keep updating.
Metricon NSW won't bother to read your emails, if the salesperson even sends them. The most effecient and effective method to get their attention and positive action is to post polite, honest, balanced accounts of your experiences on social media. Not personally defamatory of course. Metricon's head office in Melbourne monitors and manages social media channels closely. Metricon NSW management is very sensitive to this type of feedback (coming via head office) because its credible and affects their marketing and sales, as well as their personal KPI's.
Hi Guys,

We are also in the process of trying to build a Lumiere 62 going through CDC, however we had to alter the overall size of the house to meet the requirements (Turramurra area). It has taken 7 months and we still have no finalized our draft drawing. It has been an immensely frustrating process and we are also thinking about switching to custom builders.

@ajzmjd. We currently also live up to coast and be more than happy to share our experiences with you, seeing we most likely both saw Nicole at Trinity point.
PJC12345

The estimators, I believe, are from Melbourne and they take a long time. Keep pushing. Let me know how it goes.

Also, keep calling Nicole weekly.

The best way is to constantly pester with emails & phone calls.
ajzmjd
@PJC12345

The estimators, I believe, are from Melbourne and they take a long time. Keep pushing. Let me know how it goes.

Hi ajzmjd,

We have decided to cut our lose and approach a customer builder, with what’s happening with Metricon at the moment really don’t have much hope of them completing our work anymore.
PJC12345
ajzmjd
@PJC12345

Hi ajzmjd,

We have decided to cut our lose and approach a customer builder, with what’s happening with Metricon at the moment really don’t have much hope of them completing our work anymore.

Ah. All good.

I did think about it but our current scenario is different to yours. Ours have been submitted to the council and waiting for the final contract after all these months. 90% there.

I did reach out to a few custom builders previously. They cannot guarantee a stable price, hence their rates were too high. We are building the Lumiere 70. For a similar plan, there was one that quoted $2 Mil just for the outer structure. I'd to tell him that I was not "Kerry Packer's son". They very well know that many will approach due to concerns with Project builders and hence increase the price. Do watch out.

I hope you get the right person for your dream house.
fatboy1
Hi Guys

Thank you

Hi, im also planning to build the lumiere 62 in west Melbourne. But apparently there is no display home for this plan. Any idea if there is any build in Melbourne? Would love to have a look
Gucci
fatboy1
Hi Guys

Thank you

Hi, im also planning to build the lumiere 62 in west Melbourne. But apparently there is no display home for this plan. Any idea if there is any build in Melbourne? Would love to have a look

out of curiosity, have you done any google searches about metricon lately? There's some very interesting articles you may wish to read
Related
15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum