Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

CDC approval time

Page 1 of 1
Hi
I just want to find out how long does the CDC approval take from lodging to approving?
I'm building in NSW. Can you share with me how long did you wait for a cdc? My lot is a quite standard KDR and I lodged the demolition cdc and building cdc separately. My land is not affected by bush fire or flooding or steep slope. But it seems just take so long.
TTTx
Hi
I just want to find out how long does the CDC approval take from lodging to approving?
I'm building in NSW. Can you share with me how long did you wait for a cdc? My lot is a quite standard KDR and I lodged the demolition cdc and building cdc separately. My land is not affected by bush fire or flooding or steep slope. But it seems just take so long.

From lodging your plans 2-4 weeks, With a good design team we do ours in about 8 weeks for everything
Has anyone had recent experience with NSW planning portal on how long it takes to get a CDC approval for a new development? Our private certifier submitted our application more than 3 weeks ago but no updates as of yet.
Our builder taking their time to get CDC submitted. We paid them deposit in Jan and still nothing. We cant get the first progress payment until these docs are submitted. How long do banks usually wait for CDC to come through, is there a time frame.
Samz_Turra
Has anyone had recent experience with NSW planning portal on how long it takes to get a CDC approval for a new development? Our private certifier submitted our application more than 3 weeks ago but no updates as of yet.

Samz

I know you posted this a while ago but yes everything DA's & CDC's have slowed down with this portal lodgement system. It's bloody frustrating.

Anyhow, hopefully sometime soon they will get the kinks ironed out

cheers

Simeon
Ashington Homes
Samz_Turra

Samz

I know you posted this a while ago but yes everything DA's & CDC's have slowed down with this portal lodgement system. It's bloody frustrating.

Anyhow, hopefully sometime soon they will get the kinks ironed out

cheers

Simeon

Hi Simeon

It was a very frustrating process when they introduced this portal last year. However, I recall the CDC was issued in around 4.5weeks.

Cheers
Related
13/02/2024
DA vs CDC (Approval Times) in Ku-ring-gai Council?

Building A New House

Hi Minho I have heaps of experience in Ku-ring-gai with both DAs and CDC ( this is the main area we build in). DA's are taking 12-18months and CDC's we have been doing…

30/05/2023
Rear setback confusion for NSW CDC Housing Code

Building A New House

Hi All, see above image. The required setback from the rear boundary in my case is 5m, as you can see the shape of the site and location of the boundary is slightly…

12/06/2023
Driveway works under a CDC

Renovation + Home Improvement

I want to build a bigger driveway (without a nature strip) than has been approved under my CDC. I’ve also had a DA approved to build a deck. It looks like I can do this…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum